Search the forum,

Discuss What Size Waste for Armitage Shanks Belfast Sink? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Idotry

Hi everyone.

I currently doing up my kitchen on a tight budget. I've bought a second hand Belfast sink with a weir overflow, made by Armitage Shanks, but it has no waste. Now, I thought Belfast waste holes would all be the same size, but life is never that easy. I bought a 60mm strainer waste online, but that was too small. I've also asked in local DIY stores with no luck, and it seems AS no longer make domestic sinks. The waste hole is 70mm, so does anyone have any experience of these sinks? Its 24 x 18 x 10 inches BTW. The only other strainer wastes for weirs that I can find are 85 or 90mm, but surely these would be too big?

Hi everyone.

I currently doing up my kitchen on a tight budget. I've bought a second hand Belfast sink with a weir overflow, made by Armitage Shanks, but it has no waste. Now, I thought Belfast waste holes would all be the same size, but life is never that easy. I bought a 60mm strainer waste online, but that was too small. I've also asked in local DIY stores with no luck, and it seems AS no longer make domestic sinks. The waste hole is 70mm, so does anyone have any experience of these sinks? Its 24 x 18 x 10 inches BTW. The only other strainer wastes for weirs that I can find are 85 or 90mm, but surely these would be too big?

Go to your local plumbers merchants, they might sort you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Size Waste for Armitage Shanks Belfast Sink? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a problem which I can't see a solution to, a future customer of mine wants to add a low level shower where a bath used to be, the shower tray is 1600 x 900, this would require a 40mm waste to go below the floor, but the joists are not big enough to allow a 40mm waste to be drilled...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope everyone is staying safe in these bizarre times! I was hoping to get some advice from the experts on waste pipes for a washing machine. I'm not a plumber, but I think I'm reasonably able when it comes to DIY. I'd like to move my washing machine from the kitchen into a hall cupboard...
Replies
Views
I am replumbing my lakeside hunting cabin (totally off grid, water from a well or the lake, solar power through a battery bank and now a large generator, place is wired throughout for12v and always has been. Now, with the addition of a generator and a scrounged hot water cylinderwith an...
Replies
Views
We have gutted the bathroom back to bare brick. But to find a good quality toilet and bath is a nightmare. I think I have sorted it and then someone says that's not the right type etc. For a 1700 x 700 or 750 bath I was going to either buy Carron, Twyford or Duravit. I want a strong one that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock