Search the forum,

Discuss what should my next step in plumbing be? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ProjectOne

hi, so im 18 and from rotherham, just recieved my certificate after sucsessfully completing my lvl 2 certificate in basic plumbing studies, it was a 2 year course. thing is i have been offered a place to further do a lvl 3 certificate, now im aware that to be fully qualified i need to complete an NVQ. but im not sure when or which i do :L shud i go onto the lvl 3 course and hope that the plumbing industry picks up and i can do my nvq after that? ive tried ringing local companies but i get the same response, sorry but we got no work, or were only taking on competent people and my favourite, we not got enough money to insure you :( and the best one is where they dont answer.

i mean say if i did this course, i mean, not to sound cold hearted or anything but after 2 years and finding out what i did still cant land me a job in plumbing, the only reason im considering doing lvl3 is because its free for me because im under 19 . i mean dont get me wrong, i love plumbing, i consider myself really great at it. both on the pratical and theoritical side, its what i want in life, a career doing something i love. i just wish i could get work with an employer. but anyways, if i did do the course this year, lvl 3. i believe its a technical certificate, i dont get to know untill i enroll on the 7th of next month, after the course finishes, and i pass it, do i have to go back and do nvq.lvl 2 before i do nvq lvl 3? or can i just do nvq lvl 3?

I actually thought you had to do the nvq level 2 before you could do level 3? Correct me if i'm wrong though.

hello

I started my plumbing course in June I am on Module 5-7 i need help with the course or study mate in birmingham area

best option is always employment and nvqs, in the absence of that the tec certs

best option is always employment and nvqs, in the absence of that the tec certs
its okay to say that, i understand employment is the way to goo, and ive found suitable plumbing jobs, just none around my area, the companies round my area dont have enough work to take me on, and i cant say that ill work for free cos i have things to pay for :L

its okay to say that, i understand employment is the way to goo, and ive found suitable plumbing jobs, just none around my area, the companies round my area dont have enough work to take me on, and i cant say that ill work for free cos i have things to pay for :L

its ok to say that because its true. i didnt say it was easy or always possible

tec certs willl be gone in a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what should my next step in plumbing be? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that didn't flush properly, and had become corroded and unsightly. I figured I'd get a plumber in to do it (after a couple of years apologising to guests for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock