Search the forum,

Discuss what qualifications??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amanda

hi.could anyone tell me what qualificatins id need to be a bathroom fitter? was told 6129 was a nes requirement for full plumbing . just wondered if there was a lesser qualification to be self employed in this field,and add things on top like part p and tiling

6022 & 6032 copper pipe and bathroom installation if you are just starting out try to team up with a tiler that way you get more work and you can pick up tiling without the extra course, part p is a pain you pay for the course then you need the test equipment thats an extra £600 then you need to register to a scheme thats a at least £400 per year. I have part p and its valid for 5 years But they are changing the regs next year so I need to re-sit the course so this one lasted me 1 year so if you need Part p don't do it till next year

thanks for info,yeah sounds like a headache but worth wile for extra jobs coming in?are you a bathroom fitter then?

I do all water plumbing (no Gas) most of the work i do is bathrooms, wetrooms and showers, I work with a tiler fulltime this is why i get a lot of bathroom jobs as people like to pay one bill, and two working together makes the job quicker also moving some of these baths needs two to move them in to place if you try to do it your self you can damage them

i thought about doing full plumbing 6129but its so expensive and i think its alot to take in ,in 10 weeks,fast track that is.thought maybe if i do 6022 & 6032 itl be lot cheaper and a lot less to take in.just looking at my options really

6022 and 6032 takes about 3 weeks Fast track but non of the courses including 6129 cover every thing like showers and thats one big part to miss as everyone wants a shower the new showers have diverter valves and all the pipe work in in the wall so you have to be sure you dont get a leak most of the time the shower head is fitted after the walls are tiled the first time you do one you have bad dreams and wake up thinking you have a leak

hehe.yeah totaly know what you mean,been thinking for i wile bout plumbing ,just been taking my time not rushing into a course.bad dreams already.your advise made me feel lot better tho ,coming from a pro

Hi Amanda, did a fest track myself and like Uug says they didn't cover showers in great detail but you can't learn every thing at once. I have learned as much off these type of sites as I did on plumbing and tiling courses. As for part P, I just use a local electrician who has been doing it for forty years, these type of blokes spot things that you would miss so for me it's not worth doing the course.

Hi Amanda, did a fest track myself and like Uug says they didn't cover showers in great detail but you can't learn every thing at once. I have learned as much off these type of sites as I did on plumbing and tiling courses. As for part P, I just use a local electrician who has been doing it for forty years, these type of blokes spot things that you would miss so for me it's not worth doing the course.
hi john , what course did you do and did yu do the plumbing and tiling together.
checking out different courses just now and reckon if doing plumbing should really be able to do tiling as well?
grateful if anyone would recommend fast track course.
had looked at able mulit course 7 weeks plumbing, tiling and plastering but seems a lot to earn in 7 weeks?
any advice would be great and maybe help to ease the confusion!!!!!!!!

Jim D

Hi Divcelt, I am a tiler at the moment training to be a plumber with OLCI. I can recommend a very good tiling course, covers all aspect of wall and floor tiling. Here is a link to their site...

North East Tiling Training - Welcome

Check them out and give Darren a ring, he's a great bloke and will explain everything that the course covers.

hi varley, have been considering the tiling course for a few months and have seen your name on the ''plastering'' forum.
just trying to get my head round best direction to go (tiling & plumbing) or( tiling and plastering) or all three!
Is the 1 week enough at North East tiling?
What course are you doing with OLCI distance or in house intensive?
I will actually be coming over from spain for the courses and then coming back here to set up business so i want to make sure i get it right.
thanks
divcelt

Hi Jim, I was made redundant a couple of years ago and with a family to support I had to fast track every thing. Whilst I was serving my notice I did a four day course at NETT over two weekends. (Varleys sent you a link and is spot on about the 'gaffer' there) After that I did a four week course at VIY in Leeds (VIY Plumbing Training - the UK's premier training centre for domesic plumbing skills) and came away with enough City and Guilds and Water Regs to set myself up. Didn't know at the time which direction my career was going to take but tiling and plumbing go nicely hand in hand. Personally I leave plastering to the experts, you have to be doing it day in day out to be any good at it.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what qualifications??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock