Search the forum,

Discuss What makes vaillant so good ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me all the people with the problem, none of us but you have ever came across any.
I fitted these for 3 years, most weeks I fitted 2-5 of them. I reckon that is more than enough to base my experience on them and say no problems and very good boilers.

I averagely repair 35 boilers a wk, I'd say I come accross more faults than u do. Trust me, there's a telescopic mod kit (2 copper pipes and a few orings) to replace the rubber hose and connecting copper pipes.

I would say I have fitted more than you have, and I fit them for myself. If anybody has a problem it is me who they ring.
Never had a call = Very good boiler.
We all have our opinions and only you seem to have seen these problems on her, not one other person.
I dont doubt there is a mod kit, but I doubt how many are used.

I would say I have fitted more than you have, and I fit them for myself. If anybody has a problem it is me who they ring.
Never had a call = Very good boiler.
We all have our opinions and only you seem to have seen these problems on her, not one other person.
I dont doubt there is a mod kit, but I doubt how many are used.

U most certainly do fit more boilers than I do going by your no.s.
Stop taking this like Im verbally berating ur mother or nan. It's a boiler haha.

Point is, rubber hose equals cheap and nasty, vokera have dabbled in this area recently on the newer lineas/mynutes etc, I've came accross leaking rubber hoses on these aswell. I wouldnt go on about it if I didn't come accross this on a Vaillant, it just got up my nose about its great build quality when clearly its not the case (in my experience).

Well that decended into a row pretty quickly. I personally don't think Vailants are head and shoulders above some of the other good manufacturers. Everyone wanted WB for the past few years. They were living off their old reputation for quality and their current boilers aren't well made. Plastic fantastic. If plastic will do in place of metal, what ever it may be they fit it, and save themselves a couple of pence.

Last edited:
Why does rubber hose equal cheap and nasty??
Ever looked under the bonnet on a Ferrari, you know then cheap and nasty cars with them rubber hoses.

Well that decended into a row pretty quickly. I personally don't think Vailants are head and shoulders above some of the other good manufacturers. Everyone wanted WB for the past few years. They were living off their old reputation for quality and their current boilers aren't well made. Plastic fantastic. If plastic will do in place of metal, what ever it may be they fit it, and save themselves a couple of pence.

I think most people agree WB are not that good, but this post will tell us all that most think Vaillant are either good or very good, exept for the one who seems to have found every bad one.

Agree to disagree fellas. Its a matter of opinion. There isn't actually a 'right' answer on this one.

I think most people agree WB are not that good, but this post will tell us all that most think Vaillant are either good or very good, exept for the one who seems to have found every bad one.

And then I had an ecotec last wk. knackered pump. Went back with new pump. Old
pump was a wilo, new modified pump is grundfos. Cheers Vaillant, instead of an easy pump head swap, I had to strip the full right hand manifold out and replace full body etc, all the while gingerly moving the rubber hoses out of the way. Sure as muck, bottom of hose leaked after refill. Mod kit reqd.

LOL - Well in fairness. Mbear paints a pretty lousy picture of the Vailant brand, and it's quite hard to argue with him on a lot of issues.

Things like that with the pump drive me mental!!!

No your right there is not a right answer, Majority is with Vaillant rather than against so I feel most engineers are getting the same feedback as me.
You sure you aint a WB salesman in disguise mbear??
Goodnight.

Last edited:
Goodnight.

Ha!! Did some one mention Inter Gas, the boiler with X moving parts and millions of Heat exchangers without one failing and all that other marketing stuff?

What are they actually like? Never worked on one or fitted one.

No your right there is not a right answer, Majority is with Vaillant rather than against so I feel most engineers are getting the same feedback as me.
Goodnight.

No mate lol. It's because I spend 90% of my working life repairing all sorts of different boilers. The other 10% is boiler/rad/cylinder replacement. With most of my time spent repairing I find the obscure and common alike, if I reccomend a boiler I recommend as below

1, long term reliability (ie not an ideal)
2, build quality (baxi)
3, ease of fix should repairs come about
4, price
5, installation ease

I did go through a phase of installing viessmann but they are pony now compared to INTERGAS

Ive never touched an intergas but Im going to have a look at one as they have started selling them up here.

You cannot go wrong with them , the best design and mutiple use on the market imho, you can stick a combi boiler on a system and use it as a system boiler vented unvented

I too fit only Vaillant & am an approved installer. They are by no means perfect but are a lot better than many others on the market, especially WB in my opinion. The problems I have experienced over the years are :-

1. Combustion chamber gasket obviously but all should have been replaced on recall.

2. Internal rubber hoses as mentioned earlier - Boilers now fitted with solid copper pipes instead. More a problem with the clips IMO & I have replaced a few clips with ordinary jubilee clips. Rubber hoses themselves are not a problem, all cars use them in much harsher environments.

3. Error F75 on older boilers due to poor positioning of pressure sensor that needs to read a 0.2 bar increase in pressure when pump starts. Newer boilers don't seem to have this sensor but it is a pain in the arse on some older ones. In there wisdom Vaillant refuce to accept there is a problem but will happily sell you a conversion kit for ÂŁ100+

4. Poor design of PRV pipe which, if not careful can interfere with the removal of the condensate trap.

5. Over-complicated controls, especially BUS controls like the VRC430 weather compensator. Easier to use aftermarket such as Honeywell

So all in all, not perfect but better than most.

Vaillant are launching a "new" range in March which, as far as I understand is not much different to the current range but with all the niggles ironed out, & probably a few ÂŁÂŁÂŁ added to the cost :(

The Intergas boiler sounds interesting but not mainstream enough for me at the moment, both for spares or ease of selling a "name" to custards.

No mate lol. It's because I spend 90% of my working life repairing all sorts of different boilers. The other 10% is boiler/rad/cylinder replacement. With most of my time spent repairing I find the obscure and common alike, if I reccomend a boiler I recommend as below

1, long term reliability (ie not an ideal)
2, build quality (baxi)
3, ease of fix should repairs come about
4, price
5, installation ease

my sentiments exactly

valiant spares are to dam expensive as are glowworm as are heatline and they are all the same group and are all rubbish just my opinion of course and no i dont care how many you fit or how many dont go wrong like mbear i have to repair them and they are not good designs IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree on spares prices Gasman, they are ludicrous. My theory is that they are purposely made expensive to us on the street in order to make Vaillant/Hepworth's own fixed price repair service seem very attractive, hence getting them even more work & maybe tying the customer into a maintenance contract too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What makes vaillant so good ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock