Search the forum,

Discuss What kind of pipe is this???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulm962

I am putting in a new kitchen and found this pipe. It's metal and it's earthed it's not connected to anything have no idea if it's heating / water / or gas

Can you help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 72
It's gas. Leave it alone.

In fact can't see from the angle if it's capped properly. Can you take a photo from above looking down on it please?

Pics attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 35
Next question, does the house have any gas appliances in use, if so does it have another gas supply and meter?

The one in the pic may be redundant, but would still need Nat Grid Gas (or whoever operates in your area) to confirm and remove.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What kind of pipe is this???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so you can understand my problem. Can anyone tell me the best way to blank off that pipe. (That's the vertical brass pipe in the photos)
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a kitchen tap and have run into some trouble when connecting the flexi hot and cold pipes to the hot and cold mains pipes. The connection end of the flexi pipe from the tap is a15mm, however the mains pipe I need to connect to is a 12mm. What connector do I need to buy? So far...
Replies
Views
Adam tl
A
I have recently moved into a village house and discovered some mold on the wall behind the kitchen unit and following a closer inspection, I am concerned about the water inlet and its entry point. There is a hole in what I think is the original floor, with some loose rock etc around the water...
Replies
Views
We have an old gas pipe in the understairs cupboard. The previous occupants had the gas meter moved, but this old pipe remained. This pipe goes behind the electrical CU which I'm due to have replaced soon. We are looking to cut the old pipe out, but trying to working out what material it's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock