Search the forum,

Discuss What is this part?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NMFB

photo2.jpg

Hi everyone,

Perhaps you can aid a layman!?

This is a picture from behind my washing machine, the part circled is dripping and must have been for a while. What is it?

Nothing is attached to it and never has been so its not necessary.

Cheers
Neil

It's just a soldered drain cock mate, for draining the pipework, it either needs tightening or the rubber washer in it changed.
:)

Hi Neil, it is a drain off. The idea is to attach a hose pipe to the open end and by undoing the square plug on the bottom you drain off the water, they are well known for leakages over time.

It's a drain off valve, if it's dripping, give the square end a nip up (tighten clockwise)
If that doesn't stop it, you'll need to turn off your cold main (stop tap) and remove (undo, anti clockwise) the spindle and collar (small nurled retaining ring directly above square spindle) and fit new washer
But as you say your a layman, if tightening doesn't stop the leak, call a plumber

Edit
Posted in unison

Last edited:
sorry but that copper pipe looks horrible

Removed wooden boxing today to access a macerator and found 4 runs of 15 & 22mm each about 3ft long and all of it green and wet, not damp but dripping wet. Told customer he needed it all looked at including the cistern to pan donut, gave up trying to help him when he said "Why?"

Removed wooden boxing today to access a macerator and found 4 runs of 15 & 22mm each about 3ft long and all of it green and wet, not damp but dripping wet. Told customer he needed it all looked at including the cistern to pan donut, gave up trying to help him when he said "Why?"

You just can't help some folk mate.

Thank you for the replies and advice.

The pipes are horrid but not wet to touch so Im unsure when the oxidisation occurred. Perhaps its from condensation!? Its a new build flat that was built with the usual care and attention they come with so I wasn't surprised to see yet another c**p job done of something.

Yeah its the power for the washing machine. Its not a plug socket, the wire goes in from the bottom of the wall plate. If I hear a bang and the circuit breakers are gone (or my home!) its probably that then lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is this part?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock