Search the forum,
  • Thread starter scottyblen
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K

Discuss what is the... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scottyblen

what is the term that describes the installation of pipework in a new build?

is it building regulations?

ok i am reading through this book plumbing level 2 JTL 2nd edition. i finished plumbing processes and well at the end of each section there is a knowledge test and its killing that i don't know the last question.

1st fix relates to estimating from site.

no first fix is the first half of the process of piping up a building before commissioning. i.e. placing pipework where it needs to be for all the services

Seems to me that book learning ain't learning at all.
It poses more questions than answers!

"What is the term that describes the installation of pipework in a new build?"

Plumbing?

:stuart:

I thought first fix was when you had to go back cos you couldn't get it right first time, hence first fix ...

It is first fix!

Seems to me that book learning ain't learning at all.
It poses more questions than answers!

Great minds think alike!

Right where is my Delia book to see what i can first fix from a 3 eggs a frozen leg of lamb a cheese cake and a tin of lentil soup :lol:

Throw an old pair of the mrs's tights into the mix and you could rustle up a passable haggis....:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what is the... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover with a plastic sheet and then screet on top. I called out my gas boiler cover to make a permanent repair. The company they sent out have said it is...
Replies
Views
Looking for a plumber to pipe up Rayburn to an R type neutraliser (and alter pipework to connect existing oil boiler). Job in SG8 OQE. The job is fairly straightforward with reasonable access for pipework in roof void. Cylinder might need raising on a platform which I will build (I'm a chippy)...
Replies
Views
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with Part L building regs. What are the rules regarding flue snugs, do they have to be fitted on all new boiler installs. I prefer to use sand/cement...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I'm knocked down and re-building the new house. when I'm doing the landscaping noticed that the dry well was connected to a terracotta pipe. New house plumbing with PVC. So what do i do now?
Replies
Views
Costa001
C
Hello all I have had an extension built which will have 3 radiators to the big main room, a utility sink and a shower room (ground works, waste, and pipes etc are in) The builder is not installing the sanitary ware as I will have to save up in order to fit the shower room in a few years time...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock