Search the forum,

Discuss What is the UK version of this fitting called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkR

Hi Again,

I'm still looking at different fittings. Can anyone tell me what the UK version of this is called?

ebay.com/itm/New-Old-Stock-1-2-x-1-2-BRASS-in-line-Coupling-Solder-Sweat-with-Bleeder/182075601265?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36469%26meid%3Df37e7179215e4c30b9037d922f4bf515%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D182041479013

Do they exist in the UK and if so what would a plumber's merchant call it (as I'm assuming the DIY stores won't stock them)?

(I hear Chris saying 'we never use them' again like on my last question :vanish:)

Best,
Mark

P.S. Seems like my low post count doesn't allow links

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a determined little bugger Mark I will give you that. :wings:

I guarantee you will not use one of these when you find out how much they cost / difficult to get hold of.

I can't use your link but from memory you were after a Cross tee Yorkshire did one code is a YP50 followed by 08660 for 15mm, 08661 for 22mm or 08662 for 28mm.

Compression it would be a K623 from the 600 range.

Hope that helps

Hi Chris,

I took the advice before about the cross tee - I'll use normal tees. I'm now looking at a different fitting. Sorry the link doesn't work (doesn't allow me to post with a working URL). Will try to attach a photo.

I would describe it as a 15mm straight solder (not compression) coupling but with a small bleed valve.

Best,
Mark

(Arrggg... can't post a local image nor link to one! "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.")

Do they exist in the UK and if so what would a plumber's merchant call it

Well, I've been a plumbers merchant in the UK for 30 years, and I would have denied that they existed if it were not for the evidence to the contrary.

I would be gobsmacked if you found any merchant with one on the shelf. Any merchant daft enough to carry that on the shelf would have gone bust years ago. Why would you want one, when you could make up the equivalent out of fittings for a tenth of the cost?

:)

Google "1/2 brass coupling sweat bleed" and it's about the first picture.

Got link to work air vent tee "we don't use them any more" try Page 5 again an RV35 Air Release Valve which can be soldered into any tee with a 15mm connection (don't forget to remove the cap before soldering & replace after wards).

Of course you could alter your designs so you could incorporate a YP35 then you wouldn't have to solder it. LOL

Thanks Shaun for sorting the link - that's the fitting.

an RV35 Air Release Valve which can be soldered into any tee with a 15mm connection (don't forget to remove the cap before soldering & replace after wards).

This looks cheaper...

NoLinkingToThis/p/end-feed-air-vent-cap-15mm/52451

(doesn't allow me to post links!!!)

I assume that can be soldered to any tee with a stub of pipe.

Yes so it will act as an air bottle, air vents always best installed from the centre of a Tee rather than an end, better air removal.

Yes so it will act as an air bottle, air vents always best installed from the centre of a Tee rather than an end, better air removal.

Good to know, may need a cross fitting now ;o). Thanks Chris!

I'm going to start another thread to ask the question that made me start this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is the UK version of this fitting called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Seems like a good deal...£16.57 with discount code. eBay item number: 154980230006...
Replies
Views
Anyone use these ive used the silver with red handles before and they seemed ok but a tad on the expensive side around £22 they look An ok brand as I’ve seen the logo before maybe flowflex etc
Replies
Views
I don't know if this is allowed, but I noticed this on e-bay 24 nozzles for £30.00: Danfoss Oil nozzles | eBay
Replies
Views
Hi, All I am a DIY enthusiastic kind of guy and in a bit of pickle. I live in a rented place and have no plumbing for a dishwasher. Need to know if I can connect inlet of a dishwasher into tap of my sink I saw some item on eBay like below Washing Machine Faucet Quick Brass Water Tap Hose...
Replies
Views
I've got a problem with an oil boiler overheating the water, I have a solution and if anybody has any relevant advice, I'd be obliged. I have a Firebird 90S oil boiler, which was installed about 10yrs ago. It has a Cordice 542788 thermostat fitted, which has a range of 60-90c apparently. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock