Search the forum,

Discuss What is better a Saniflo or a commercial type Pump for efficiency and sound in private house? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking to create a en-suite bathroom with bath, sink and toilet at front of house. So will need some kind of macerator. I want to make sure that I get something that will be quiet and efficient, had a saniflo 10 years ago and was not impressed. I am willing to spend a little more than usual to get it right. I have seen on-line a pump called a Piranah that appears to do the same thing but is a little more powerful than domestic macerators. Can anybody make any suggestions or advise ?

Piranah is a word often used in world of pumps, ABS named a pump after them and others refer to it as the cutting blades. Can you provide a link to the one you`ve seen.

How attached are you to the idea of having a bath rather than a shower? Domestic macerators of reputable makes won't handle both a bath and a WC, so you'd need to have two units - one to serve the bath, the other to serve the WC and basin. This starts to get expensive. If you have a shower instead, you can do it all with one unit. Commercial macerators are generally designed to be located below the room they serve rather than within it, so although they will take a bath connection it is 12" off the floor which isn't practical for most applications

I much prefer Grundfos to Saniflo as a brand, but neither are quiet. You get either quiet, or powerful, but not both.

How attached are you to the idea of having a bath rather than a shower? Domestic macerators of reputable makes won't handle both a bath and a WC, so you'd need to have two units - one to serve the bath, the other to serve the WC and basin. This starts to get expensive. If you have a shower instead, you can do it all with one unit. Correct, but bit of a Grey area after a recent EU spat, whilst not approved they will handle the bath, I`m allowed to replace like for like.

I much prefer Grundfos to Saniflo as a brand, but neither are quiet. You get either quiet, or powerful, but not both. Not a lot of difference between the two mentioned until you need someone to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is better a Saniflo or a commercial type Pump for efficiency and sound in private house? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock