Search the forum,

Discuss What fitting to use? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasser

Gas Engineer
I need to connect a garden hose to a 15 mm pipe (plastic or copper). What's the best way to do it? The other end of the hose is connected to an outdoor tap the usual way.

I'd like to do this so I can test some fittings now and then, especially to test my soldered fittings.

You can buy hose tails with a BSP thread ( male or female), then you’re away.

I found this one:
PCL HC1217 Male Hose Tail Adaptor ¼

But I can't find a fitting to connect the adaptor to the pipe. and 1/4" BSP seems quite small. Most fittings are 1/2" or 3/4".

The hose is about the same size as a 15mm pipe. I can't fit one in the other to secure using a jubilee clip?

1. The fitting you've quoted in post #5 is not for water, I think its for compressed air.
2. If you want to connect directly to the pipe, warm the hose in hot water for a couple of minutes, force over end of pipe (with insert in place if plastic pipe) and secure with a jubilee clip.
3. Alternatively, fit a 15mm compression / 3/4" male iron to the pipe (e.g. Screwfix 82086), and use an ordinary hose pipe connector onto the 3/4" end.

I managed to force the hose over the pipe using hot water. Thanks. Never thought that hose would fit over it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What fitting to use? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Help / advice please? I have attached pics I want to fit a new basin tap. The new tap came with flexible hose. Q1. Pic 1 - the fitting into the tap is recessed - how do I screw in the hose tight enough to 'fit' ? Q2. Pic 2 - shows the current hose fitted to the copper pipe and clearly the new...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
B
My soil pipe on the downstairs toilet seems to be partially blocked. Now I know it can be rodded but I was thinking of another way. With the toilet removed and exposing the soil pipe I was thinking of making a reducer to fit over the 4 inch pipe down to a garden hose pipe size and then turn the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock