Search the forum,

Discuss what else do I need in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or are multi-tools just a few crap tools stuck together.

The main tools on them are pliers and a blunt knife.

I hardly use pliers or blunt knives so I just don't get it! :59:

The cheapo ones are. The Gerber ones are good quality and very useful. I've got a Gerber multi tool with interchangeable heads that I used to carry on my belt when I was doing housing association maintenance. It saved me going down to the van to get a tool on many occasions. I even repaired a 2" ball valve using it once.

I had a leatherman for years and it was a decent. Brought a Gerber in Bahrain couple of years ago and the quality was rubbish

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jase, if you're splashing the cash, buy a freeze machine. But get a decent one with two freeze heads so you you can remove a section of pipe or valve if required. Ebay second hand, you're talking ÂŁ500.

Power flush machine also handy. (I don't carry either in the van every day).

Bungs are a handy (cheap tool) that you haven't mentioned. Handy for holding gravity systems on a vacuum and occasionally for other stuff too. Like replacing a dodgy gate valve on the feed to a ho****er cylinder for instance.

Flue brushes, (if you're servicing boilers).

Volt sticks are handy but don't rely on them.

A rad wrench is a gimmick tool that I actually use (mines metal and not plastic though - they all seem to be plastic these days?).

I'll think of some more. Sounds like you have a good variety of stuff allready.

That was what I thought until I saw someone using one. The impact driver doesn't get used that much so definitely a luxury but the little Milwaukee driver is a real time saver. Just little things like screwing pipe clips to the wall, screwing down floor boards etc. If I'm servicing a static caravan it gets used to take the screws out of the inspection panel above the fire, the screw fixing the case on the Morco water heater etc. When someone has blocked all the vents it halves the time to take them all off and remove the obstructions.

Just to add to this, I have the Milwaukee 12v driver, impact driver and combi drill. The driver LITERALLY gets used every single day I'm at work, and today I used the impact driver to ply a floor. 400 screws on a single battery. And they fit in your pocket.

These really are the most useful power tools I have, the 18v kit hardly leaves the van.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Those little impact drivers are brilliant. I don't own one, but I've used a couple of them (the makita one is good).

I would like one.

This looks like a good buy, and will be a great help when making up box sections, etc.

Comes in 240v and 110v with a TCT multi-blade, looks like a bargain to me for ÂŁ99.99 ...

Evolution RAGE3-S 210mm Sliding Compound Mitre Saw 240V | Screwfix.com
Just sold mine on the forum for ÂŁ40 including a diamond blade that turns it into a sliding tile saw. I've just bought the bigger 255mm one for cutting my bathroom panels. Great machine. Cuts wood, aluminium, steel, plastic and just about anything with the one blade.

Just sold mine on the forum for ÂŁ40 including a diamond blade that turns it into a sliding tile saw. I've just bought the bigger 255mm one for cutting my bathroom panels. Great machine. Cuts wood, aluminium, steel, plastic and just about anything with the one blade.

It's gonna get some good use :) :) :)

with the standard cut everything blade whats the cut finish like on wood?

with the standard cut everything blade whats the cut finish like on wood?
Actually a good decent cut even with 24 tpi. Of course through time it will deteriorate as the blade dulls, but I've cut very expensive oak flooring and skirting with it and I use it for mitering door facings too.

If you look at the photos of the bathroom ceiling and wall panels I posted on here, you'll see its capabilities!

What you mean by bathroom panels system?
Look at the photos posted at the bottom of the main forum and you'll see.

No more tiling, grout and tile saws for me! These panels are fully waterproof, wipe clean with a cloth, have no grout that discolours over time and are available in 30 styles and colours. The ones in the photos are white sparkle panels, which shimmer and give an amazing efffect with the spotlights shining on them. Can't see that in the photos as they're low resolution photos. The chrome inlays and corner fills look amazing too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just measure twice cut once as mermaid board in unforgiving if you balls up

I've just used the panels in a log cabin bathroom install. I'll get some pictures when it's finished.

I see the stuff you mean now Colin, only done it myself a couple of times but the sheets were to big to go through a chop saw

I see the stuff you mean now Colin, only done it myself a couple of times but the sheets were to big to go through a chop saw
You are thinking of the large shower panel boards. The panels I use are 250mm wide x 2.6m long x 10mm thick and are made of Upvc. I use a mitre saw to cut them at width and a table saw to cut them at length.
They join with a tongue and groove and are fully waterproof and look amazing.

Many people are looking for a alternative to grout as it discolours over time and has to be raked out and redone in some cases. My panels wipe clean with a damp cloth and that is all the maintenance they require.

They sound intresting as a alternative you get many people ask for them or are they something you recommend? . Got a link of the manufacture fancy looking to see what the range is like

I'm now fitting them as a better alternative to tiles and to the extent that all bathrooms booked in are having these panels installed.

Not cheap though, I charge from ÂŁ65 per m2 including materials amd labour but if you compare with tiles, adhesive, labour and grout etc, the price is almost on a par. The big advantage is no maintenance is required and they retain their appearance from new.

I'm now fitting them as a better alternative to tiles and to the extent that all bathrooms booked in are having these panels installed.

Not cheap though, I charge from ÂŁ65 per m2 including materials amd labour but if you compare with tiles, adhesive, labour and grout etc, the price is almost on a par. The big advantage is no maintenance is required and they retain their appearance from new.

What brand of panel are you using system?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

do they come in nice wood effect then? Can you pass me a link as I am thinking of doing my own bathroom soon and would like to see what they offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what else do I need in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock