Search the forum,

Discuss what do you guys make of this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
20180614_142641[1].jpg

Is that rubber on the top of the flue ?

the above pic is ducting and at the bottom a fan providing the mechanical ventilation to a plant room, going through the ducting is a gas pipe.
even with the obstruction its providing ample air. the gas pipe is not sleeved and i cannot be certain if its a straight piece of pipe with no joints

going to hold off saying how i classified it as im interested to hear your opinions

I wouldn't like it either

I would hole saw into the side of that box and look to see what's inside. Then I would make a decision. Obviously cover the hole again after I've seen what's inside.
There are many options. One would be to sleeve it all the way through the box but you won't know what's possible until you've had eyes on it.

Last edited:
in the end i put it down as an AR, because it has no sleeve i was able to. However as wrong as it seems if it was sleeved i couldnt think of any reason to AR it.

it was in a hospital/old peoples home, so IDing it was to be avoided for as long as possible, but there was also no high ventilation or extraction (although not effecting combustion), they were using the plant room for storage and half the plant room was full of combustable looking rails of clothes. no earth bonding with electrical flex attached to every bit of gas pipe i could see

rough choices, who'd have thought box ticking would be so hard, life aint easy for a gas man

I would hole saw into the side of that box and look to see what's inside. Then I would make a decision. Obviously cover the hole again after I've seen what's inside.

Looks like it could be ab?

That changes things!
I cannot see the pic properly because it's a bit blurred.
Does it look like asbestos to you Ambrosia?

in the end i put it down as an AR, because it has no sleeve i was able to. However as wrong as it seems if it was sleeved i couldnt think of any reason to AR it.

it was in a hospital/old peoples home, so IDing it was to be avoided for as long as possible, but there was also no high ventilation or extraction (although not effecting combustion), they were using the plant room for storage and half the plant room was full of combustable looking rails of clothes. no earth bonding with electrical flex attached to every bit of gas pipe i could see

rough choices, who'd have thought box ticking would be so hard, life aint easy for a gas man
Story of my life lol

Sorry, just re read the post above and you mentioned it yourself.
I skim read it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what do you guys make of this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. Can this hose be removed without taking the vessel out? Is there a specific tool that makes it doable?? Cheers
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All, my boiler starts to make some loud noises recently when running (a sound file is attached). A gas engineer will come around sometime next week. In the meantime, appreciate any advices on what could be the cause. Thanks very much!
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock