Search the forum,

Discuss What do I need to cap these pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Please forgive my ignorance but I was hoping someone could let me know what I need to cap these two pipes so I can disconnect my tap and toilet from the water supply... the toilet one has a screw on it - is that for isolating the connection?

Many thanks!

Ross

5F857090-F8D4-464D-A0CC-31B5C16B62BD.jpeg

F68A4E9F-2232-48B1-BAEA-BE788C3AF039.jpeg

1/2 brass cap and washer

Blank Nut ½ x

And a 1/2 tap washer

Arctic Products Pegler Tap Washers ½

Don't forget to turn the water off first

Yes the toilet has its own isolation valve

Suggest you put the same on your basin tap pipes

Turn the screwed one to quarter to three . In otherwords horizontal . The other pic needs a 15mm cap but with a fibre washer in .

Personally I would isolate the water and use a 15mm insert and pushfit cap after the isolation valve on the toilet and remove the coupler from the bottom union on the tap connection and use a 15mm compression cap

Personally I would isolate the water and use a 15mm insert and pushfit cap after the isolation valve on the toilet and remove the coupler from the bottom union on the tap connection and use a 15mm compression cap
And make sure the insert is inside the pipe for the tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What do I need to cap these pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock