Search the forum,

Discuss What college course help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

colinah87

Hello all.

Looking for some help and information about college courses.
Currently looking to change careers and plumbing seems like the most appealing to me. I'd also like to work specifically with renewables if at all possible.

I've spent the past 8 months or so applying to numerous apprenticeship schemes to simply get an outright rejection almost immediately. This is frustrating and disheartening. Doing a college course seems like the next best thing and could help me an awful lot, and this is where I'm hoping the pros will come and help!

So one course I found:

Access to Building Services (plumbing)
City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Access to Building Services Engineering (Plumbing)
Provided by - West Thames College

Another:
Performing Engineering Operations (Plumbing) Level 1
Provided by - Harrow College

Bearing in mind I have absolutely zero prior experience of the sector or anything construction related.

I'm just looking for some advice about which course will be the most fruitful and allow me to progress further.

Thanks
Colin

I think both are the same, just different names, yes that is a good start, next find your self an employer so that you may learn on the job, oh and invest in some decent knee pads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What college course help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
  • Article
Lecturers in Plumbing within Construction 36 hours, 52 weeks per year , part time hours will also be considered £32,732- £39,096 per annum plus an additional £2,500 Recruitment and Retention Premium and relocation funding if needed We are looking to recruit Lecturers in Plumbing to deliver...
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice. I`ve been trying to get on an apprenticeship but I`ve had no joy so far, so I`m hoping to gain some experience by working alongside an experienced...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I m Ahmed from Nottingham. I complete my gas safe course 1st part in college and now I need to complete my portfolio. College offer me to work with them but unfortunately I can't get this offer because my college is Birmingham . So I m looking any Registered Gas safe engineer in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock