Search the forum,

Discuss What brands would you pick as a bathroom fitter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

We're about to completely renovate the bathroom in our new house. At our old house we knew we weren't going to be there for long so pretty much bought a basic suite from Victoria Plumb which was ok for the most part (the sink's pop-up waste wasn't keen on popping up when it was down, but overall it was actually very reasonable).

By contrast at our new house we're planning to be here for a long time so want to buy things that will last. For example we went for own branded taps from Victoria Plumb last time, but this time we're looking at brands like Hansgrohe or Bristan (just for example).

So.... as a fitter what would you choose / be happy to fit in a normal good quality family bathroom? Funds aren't unlimited, so bear that in mind, but we're willing to (and would rather) pay for quality where it makes a difference.

So far I have the following on my list:
Suite: Twyford, Roca
Taps: Hansgrohe, Bristan
Shower enclosure: ??
Radiator: ??

Look forward to hearing people's thoughts.

Your list is ok ,
Shower enclosure - very expensive but great quality . Kudos .
Radiator - stelrad , permo or plumb centers own make ( center brand )

Thanks, I'll add those to my list :) Feel free to add to the suite and taps list if there are any additional ones I should consider.

Hi, @VictorianPlumbing (different company to who you previously used) are a forum sponsor! They may be able to help you out.

Any brassware from Hans grohe.
Kudos shower enclosure
No pottery from England or china!
For quality at a good price try vitra, or laufen.
Vitra optia is a good bath.
Wc wall frames by grohe , or geberitt.
Most of the tubular towel rails are generic, so screwfix etc are ok.

As above definitely,

Any stuff of Franke, Hans Grohe,
Wall hang toilets definitely geberit ( they aren't as expensive)
Water proofed walls rather than tanking and plasterboard: I'd go for jacoboard, wedi or Schlüter - all of them are very similar and doing a great job.
Twyford and roca very expensive but good quality but you could also consider heritage if you like Victorian style bathrooms.

Ignore internet based companies, tends to be tat and customer service is non existent when things go wrong.

Find a good installer and get them on board early. They will know the best places for you to go and get hands on with items

I'm on my first of 6 bathrooms in a large house and I directed my customers to Homecare in Darlington who I have dealt with previously. Customer got good value for money and cracking customer service.

Roca sanitary ware for a modern fresh look, ideal /Armitage shanks also worth considering.
Taps Hansgrohe, Francis pegler , Mira.
Shower valve , enclosure and tray Mira.
Towel rail Acova . cheers kop

We've just redone two of our bathrooms, went for Mira Element EV SLT thermostatic mixer showers (love the exposed valve look), Roca "The Gap" close coupled toilet and sink, Grohe Concetto taps (amazing, and not too pricey) - had them done as wet rooms using Impey floor former and waterguard tanking kit. Did use Victoria Plumb for the shower enclosure, it's a 900mm sheet of 8mm glass with a 300mm 8mm thick return - I reconciled that "it's a sheet of safety glass, you'd have to try really hard to muck that up", and it's been absolutely fine. If I was going with something with a door or on rollers it would be a different matter.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

The plumber I'm considering for the work has suggested a local plumbers merchant.
Ilkeston Plumbing & Heating Supplies Ltd

But he did also say "you find most bathroom furniture now days is un-branded" so I'm a bit 50/50. I want to trust him as he is the professional but it just feels a bit worrying cause there is no true guarantees or anything. Just the companies 10 year warranty.

I have their catalogue and I'm assuming they're good quality but there aren't any brand names on anything. In fact there aren't even model numbers or anything, just item codes. It's a lot like a screwfix / Argos catalogue. With this bathroom I really wanted to make sure we got quality things...

Hey Stacey,

With an eye on branded products for your new bathroom I have included a few ideas below.

Bathroom Suite - Hudson Reed, Roca and Ultra have comprehensive bathroom sanitaryware collections worth taking a look at. Heritage or Burlington are good choices for a traditionally styled bathroom.

Taps - Hansgrohe & Bristan are both trusted manufacturers and I would also add Grohe & Tre Mercati to the list.

Shower Enclosure - Roman and Merlyn are two manufacturers that have a really impressive ranges.

Radiator - Burlington & Heritage have you covered if planning a traditional bathroom and for a more contemporary space why not consider a radiator from Bauhaus.

Hope this helps. Thanks for the shout out @lou.28115.

Ed, Victorian Plumbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What brands would you pick as a bathroom fitter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock