Search the forum,

Discuss What boiler is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Does anyone know what boiler is this?
The green light comes on and off again and now on red light. No hot water. =(

Many thanks in advance.

IMG_20180408_211318.jpg

Last edited:
The question seems to be a fake set up.
It is similar to asking if petrol can be put into a fire.

What is wrong? I am only asking for advice.

It is gas boiler and no advice can be given to non qualified people that could help them or others reading this forum to do illegal and dangerous work.
That includes plumbers, like myself who are not gas qualified.
Removing the case on gas boilers can only be done by a gas engineer.
I would have thought that was obvious.
Ask your gas engineers what is wrong with your boiler

I did ask, but they don't seem to tell me. It's not the first time I got this fault and everytime a plumber comes over they fix it within a few minutes after taking the cover off so i assume it's very straight forward. If I just even know what boiler this is it would be much appreciated.

No I don't sorry op also looks like your missing some case / front panel parts

• Informative
Reactions: JKG
Next time your gas guy comes out get him to give you the information, there should be a data information plate inside the water heater, not seen anything like this maybe an old Baxi.

After taking a second look I think it a Main water heater, looking at the photo the wall switch is off, turn it on & press the reset button in the middle.

I did ask, but they don't seem to tell me. It's not the first time I got this fault and everytime a plumber comes over they fix it within a few minutes after taking the cover off so i assume it's very straight forward. If I just even know what boiler this is it would be much appreciated.
You could try turning the temperature control knob (probably the one on the right) right down, then up again, and see if it fires.

I will give it another go, thanks for advice.
You should give it a go to call a competent person rather than you playing around with a gas boiler. It’s better to be safe than sorry

Long time no see, but looks like possibly Elm Le Blanc to me. Multipoint water heater.

It is gas boiler and no advice can be given to non qualified people that could help them or others reading this forum to do illegal and dangerous work.

For the benefit of the OP, do you mean to say that IF the problem is one that isn't designed to be able to be rectified by a non-competent person, then we can't advise? Because otherwise, this is a bit confusing. The OP hasn't (as I see the post - may have been edited?) suggested that he or she wants to carry out a repair, and may believe that it is as simple as pressing a reset button.
Many years ago, when I was a student, the boiler in my rented house did something very similar and I downloaded the user instructions, and followed a reset procedure that seemed to involve turning the stat down and up again or similar, and, hey presto! Not saying this boiler is the same though!

For the benefit of the OP, do you mean to say that IF the problem is one that isn't designed to be able to be rectified by a non-competent person, then we can't advise? Because otherwise, this is a bit confusing. The OP hasn't (as I see the post - may have been edited?) suggested that he or she wants to carry out a repair, and may believe that it is as simple as pressing a reset button.
Many years ago, when I was a student, the boiler in my rented house did something very similar and I downloaded the user instructions, and followed a reset procedure that seemed to involve turning the stat down and up again or similar, and, hey presto! Not saying this boiler is the same though!
The original post has been edited mate.

That is all i wanted to know as I don't know the model and have no manuals I can't do anything. All it may need is a reset. It's not like I wanted to disconnect the gas pipe which I am not qualified to do.

That is all i wanted to know as I don't know the model and have no manuals I can't do anything. All it may need is a reset. It's not like I wanted to disconnect the gas pipe which I am not qualified to do.
But in your first post, you said that you had found the reset inside the boiler and had the case off the boiler. Which you are also not qualified to do.

Edit due to spelling reset wrong

Last edited:
"Does anyone know what boiler is this? If so where is the reset button? I believe it's inside after taking the cover off.
The green light comes on and off again and now on red light. No hot water. I had several plumbers come and they seem to fix it within a min after taking the cover off but i never catch what they do so i assume it's a easy fix."

But in your first post, you said that you had found the rest inside the boiler and had the case off the boiler. Which you are also not qualified to do.

I may have worded it wrong but there is nothing wrong taking the cover off. So I need a qualified GAS SAFE register to do it??

"Does anyone know what boiler is this? If so where is the reset button? I believe it's inside after taking the cover off.
The green light comes on and off again and now on red light. No hot water. I had several plumbers come and they seem to fix it within a min after taking the cover off but i never catch what they do so i assume it's a easy fix."
Cheers shaun

I may have worded it wrong but there is nothing wrong taking the cover off. So I need a qualified GAS SAFE register to do it??
Not strictly true to say that there is nothing wrong with taking the cover off.

Basically, if the cover is anything other than a decorative casing/electrical enclosure, then you need to be 'competent' to remove it. So, while not all boilers have cases that require you to be 'competent' in order to remove them, people on this forum are justifiably reluctant to encourage others to remove the casing, as many boilers have a casing that is functional as well as decorative.
If I know the make and model of the boiler, I can check in the installation manual first to see if I can, say, access the bleed valve if need be, or get to where it is wired in before I start work on the system. Since we don't even know the model, we have to assume the casing has a functional aspect, so we cannot advise other than to say that if the casing needs removal, you need a Gas Safe registered person. Sorry.

Not strictly true to say that there is nothing wrong with taking the cover off.

Basically, if the cover is anything other than a decorative casing/electrical enclosure, then you need to be 'competent' to remove it. So, while not all boilers have cases that require you to be 'competent' in order to remove them, people on this forum are justifiably reluctant to encourage others to remove the casing, as many boilers have a casing that is functional as well as decorative.
If I know the make and model of the boiler, I can check in the installation manual first to see if I can, say, access the bleed valve if need be, or get to where it is wired in before I start work on the system. Since we don't even know the model, we have to assume the casing has a functional aspect, so we cannot advise other than to say that if the casing needs removal, you need a Gas Safe registered person.

Fair enough. This I can accept. Thanks alot for explaining this nice and clear unlike others on here.

I wish I knew the model as I can't see any stickers or label on it.

As Shaun has said, the original post was edited and I was relying to the original worded post. (Tbh, I thought it was a fake post attempting to create reactions here because it had initially mentioned taking the cover off the gas boiler.) o_O
It wasn't that I didn't want a genuine OP to get safe advice, as I know myself, or any other non gas qualified person can still reset a gas boiler, or other non gas related work.

As Shaun has said, the original post was edited and I was relying to the original worded post. (Tbh, I thought it was a fake post attempting to create reactions here because it had initially mentioned taking the cover off the gas boiler.) o_O
It wasn't that I didn't want a genuine OP to get safe advice, as I know myself, or any other non gas qualified person can still reset a gas boiler, or other non gas related work.

Yep, that is all I wanted to do get some advice on a simple issue. Just to reset the boiler as I didn't know the model and couldn't look it up online. Like I said before a few plumbers come over all they do is remove the cover and within a min it's sorted so all I can assume is a reset switch somewhere hidden. Who like's paying a plumber to come out sort out a job which only takes a minute.

I just have to see what the plumber do when they come over. Plumbers don't seem to like tell you what's wrong when it's a simple job.

Yep, that is all I wanted to do get some advice on a simple issue. Just to reset the boiler as I didn't know the model and couldn't look it up online. Like I said before a few plumbers come over all they do is remove the cover and within a min it's sorted so all I can assume is a reset switch somewhere hidden. Who like's paying a plumber to come out sort out a job which only takes a minute.

I just have to see what the plumber do when they come over. Plumbers don't seem to like tell you what's wrong when it's a simple job.

If it is just a reset button that doesn't involve touching anything directly gas related, then really your plumbers should tell you what to do, IMO.

Your problem is you are getting plumbers out. I would get a heating engineer to have a look. He will have the skills and will have had the training to do what you need. (Which is repair the boiler not just reset it).

Have you tried turning the stat down and up again?

the guy asked a genuine question and you slapped him down, and you did answer him.What message do you give with your attitude to genuine people ?
Unfortunately, there are cases where threads are opened with no genuine people. In the past there were quite a few threads which had exactly or very similar topics. But also to, why would he answere if someone opens a boiler without being gas safe registered? No point on commenting on it is it?

Not going to even answer this question. I’m out. @ShaunCorbs
the guy asked a genuine question and you slapped him down, and you did answer him.What message do you give with your attitude to genuine people ?
The question seems to be a fake set up.
It is similar to asking if petrol can be put into a fire.

im a troll trying to big myself up / i disagree with you

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What boiler is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock