1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss What are those two taps on my boiler ? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Sexy

Sexy New Member

Hi. What are those two taps on the flexible Alu pipe under my boiler? What is their role? Are they expected to be both closed all the time?

1.jpg 2.jpg

Please forgive me if the question is silly, but I am having problems with the boiler and I doubt "both taps closed" is the right setting under normal use conditions.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

That is your filling loop. You use it to refill/re-pressurise your Boiler/System.

Yes normally closed and loop disconnected ( should be ) and valves blanked.

• Like Like x 1
  3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Sexy , this is not a dating site , but it could be if you wanted !!!

4. AlexGas

AlexGas Plumber GSR

Shhhh... stay on the subject... you'll get told off... :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Down boy, sexy could be 20st unwashed keyboard warrior sitting there in his boxers and string vest! lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

How presumptuous of you.
    It might be the persons name.
    We also don't know if it is a woman person or a man person.

• Like Like x 1
  7. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Oh god , I am going to get banned

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dotty

Dotty Guest

You're like a pack of rabid dogs. .

Welcome to the forum, Sexy. I apologise for this lot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

... and if you send a photo to me croppie @ xyz.com I will validate you are what you claim to be for you privately, yours croppie. :wink_smile:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rickster123

Rickster123 Guest

60 views in an hour!! Haha we're all pathetic!!

• Like Like x 1