Search the forum,

Discuss What are plumbers called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microbore dad always calls me a shyt house engineer :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

spanner bashers , plumbs ,fitters are what i have been called but when i walk through site i tend to announce make way for the superior trade

I think PIPEMAN sounds good, but that doesn't cover women, pipewoman doesn't sound so good.

It is relevant because virtually all work involves pipes, be it water, gas, lead, plastic (spit), soil, waste, flexis (spit). copper or iron.

Just thought of a new word - - - OMNIS (or perhaps spell it omnees so that the other trades know how to pronounce it).

This is because a proper plumber is multiskilled, so as well as plumbing, gas, oil etc, also has to do electrical work, bricking, plastering, woodworking, carpet relaying, etc (i'm sure you can add to this list).

It is also genderless.

Last edited by a moderator:
i did my aprentiship on a west end building firm the plumber got to do anything that wasnt wood paint or electrical
slating roofing metal windows glazing brackets steels lifts dumb waiters cooker hoods drains water we used to push huge ladders round on a barrow rig our own cradles and bosuns chairs i loved it

Back in the days of CB Radio, a local plumbers "Handle" was "Pipebender" which was quite appropriate for his trade, and was recognised by this.

Back in the days of CB Radio, a local plumbers "Handle" was "Pipebender" which was quite appropriate for his trade, and was recognised by this.

I think that is the best suggestion yet, only drawback is that it is longer than plumber!

Wrong trade anyway, we should have been mechanics ÂŁ86 / hour. :) :)

How about just BENDER?

Brickies, chippies, spreads, sparks, and benders.

Think it will catch on?

if its a briccie, chippy & sparky,......then shirley it must be a splashy, sploshy, drippy, dribbly, pipey, wrenchy, bendy, cocky, notchy, clippy, fluxy, stacky, tappy, sinky, stinky !, drainy, brainy (!!), kind of name.........

Personally, having given this some considerable thought......I think "tappy", seeing as there is generally one form or another at the start and end of everything we do..... no?

How many would own up to being a 'Richard facilitator'

I quite like coppersmith but apparently it exists as the name for someone who makes tat from old copper.

As you've introduced a Spanish link Kay-Jay, how about an International flavor?

Plumber and Heating Engineer - Fontanero and Tecnico De Calefacciones

I have four different names for them.

1) Cash customers
2) Good payers
3) Late payers
4) Bad debtors

:)

Bricklayers = brickies

Electricians = sparks

Plasterers = spreads

Customers = custards

Plumbers = Whinging gits.

:lol:

Bricklayers = brickies

Electricians = sparks

Plasterers = spreads

Customers = custards

Plumbers = Whinging gits.

:lol:

Hes only jealous cos he can't get in the 3000 + club which has now been removed when admin and dan couldn't get in pmsl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What are plumbers called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock