Search the forum,

Discuss What are people fitting to there boilers to meet the new requirement for April. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just out of interest. What are you folks fitting to comply with the new regs. from April. Minimum additions. Thanks

Called Boiler Plus, the new regulations mean that, as well as a higher minimum efficiency rating, all new gas and oil boiler installations must include a programme timer and a thermostat so that you can effectively control your heating. While the majority of homes do have this, it wasn’t a requirement until now. Plus every combi boiler installation must also include one additional energy-saving measure. Consumers will be given the opportunity to select at least one of four additional energy-saving measures.
Find out if new boiler regulation changes will affect you – Which? News

Just lifted this.

Several threads on this already , you need to check in more Moonlight lol

I mainly fit Viessmanns , they are all going to be delivered with a WC sensor.
I will fit the sensor, run the wire and connect it into the boiler , if the customer doesnt want it they disconnect it .
Ta da !!!!!

I mainly fit Viessmanns , they are all going to be delivered with a WC sensor.
I will fit the sensor, run the wire and connect it into the boiler , if the customer doesnt want it they disconnect it .
Ta da !!!!!
On a more serious note:
Is it built in on a Viessmanns?
Is it just a case of connecting an outdoor sensor?

On a more serious note:
Is it built in on a Viessmanns?
Is it just a case of connecting an outdoor sensor?

Yes very easy , just need to run the cable . The sensor comes free with the boiler. I have WC and wouldn’t be without it now , but if you get a young mum that wants to dry the washing on hot rads and the outside temp rises and drops the rad temp , well shes fect and doesnt like it , hence the sensor can be disconnected and Ive done it as per regs , the boiler police will be non the wiser lol lol . Dont tell em !!

Some manufacturers do an outdoor sensor that fits to the flue terminal and cable runs through air side of flue and clips on to PCB . Easy peasy ☺

For years Boilers have always had to have time and temp controls as standard of course but now you need a control that has load comp. with w WB you can meet new requirements with one of there new plug in controls. No need for weather comp or gas recovery etc... Don't think you can fit standard Honeywell wireless prog stat now sadly. Not even sure if nest and hive meet the new requirements?

A valiant rep told me it's only for combi boilers? Anyone else heard this?

Should add every weather comp I've seen fitted has been problematic. Customers seem to hate them. Tho I've prob only come across ones fitted in poor positions.

yep only for combi

Looks like I'm gunna have to fake an Internet symbol on my center brand wireless stat. Every customer I've spoken to in last two months before producing them a quote has told me they won't pay 150 extra to comply for an extra 2% eff. Can't say I blame them.

Looks like I'm gunna have to fake an Internet symbol on my center brand wireless stat. Every customer I've spoken to in last two months before producing them a quote has told me they won't pay 150 extra to comply for an extra 2% eff. Can't say I blame them.
Don’t tell them. Just fit it as standard.

Spoke to Baxi and they are bringing out a new flue (called IFOS), where a weather comp sensor clips onto. The cable then runs back through the flue and into the boiler. Seems a nice and straight forward option.

They also say that with the sensor being protected from sunlight (as it’s located under the flue terminal) it doesn’t have to be on a north facing wall.

Anyone else read the article in Gas Engineer mag?

The one that shows the savings!

Weather comp £130 AUC (additional upfront cost)
Yearly bill saving £4
Payback time 35 years

Load comp £50 AUC
Yearly saving £4
Payback 13 years

FGHR £460 AUC
yearly saving £15
Payback 14 years

Learning thermostat/smart control AUC £190
Yearly saving £17
Payback 11 years

Your thoughts ?

Anyone else read the article in Gas Engineer mag?

The one that shows the savings!

Weather comp £130 AUC (additional upfront cost)
Yearly bill saving £4
Payback time 35 years

Load comp £50 AUC
Yearly saving £4
Payback 13 years

FGHR £460 AUC
yearly saving £15
Payback 14 years

Learning thermostat/smart control AUC £190
Yearly saving £17
Payback 11 years

Your thoughts ?
Stick with the smart stat as it clearly makes no difference. You would expect 11 years from a decent boiler at least.

For years Boilers have always had to have time and temp controls as standard of course but now you need a control that has load comp. with w WB you can meet new requirements with one of there new plug in controls. No need for weather comp or gas recovery etc... Don't think you can fit standard Honeywell wireless prog stat now sadly. Not even sure if nest and hive meet the new requirements?

A valiant rep told me it's only for combi boilers? Anyone else heard this?

Boiler plus affects combi installs, for systems you still have to have a room stat and clock

http://registeredgasengineer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Boiler_Plus_Are_You_Ready.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What are people fitting to there boilers to meet the new requirement for April. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British Gas (valiant brand). The external boiler flue seems excessively tall, proving to be somewhat of an eye sore (please see pictures attached). I know it...
Replies
Views
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with Part L building regs. What are the rules regarding flue snugs, do they have to be fitted on all new boiler installs. I prefer to use sand/cement...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
have a mixture of radiators range between 25 & 60 years old.Im having a new boiler fitted, do I change all the rads or just the old ones? Cheers
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current boiler is on an external kitchen wall with the flue going straight out. However, it's positioned in between a door and the kitchen window, quite close...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock