Search the forum,

Discuss What a spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think mine go up to 42mm? They is well good brov

Was going to get a pair of these, but got a boiler coming from Williams on Monday so I'll wait and see if I get lucky

Was going to get a pair of these, but got a boiler coming from Williams on Monday so I'll wait and see if I get lucky
Or just pay £6 and guarantee it!
I don't know where everyone believes that I got the spanner for free.:wazzzup:

Got a pair of them from Toolstation about 4 years ago I believe.

I brought one of those from hps about 3 years ago now, I think it was a today's tools thing, really wanted It but I found it kinda gimmicky?

Hi Ermintrude, new member here bad boy plumber. I keep seeing your name crop up, you know your stuff!!! I just noticed your post showing you've got the knipex wrench with the flat jaws, I had 1 of these and the mechanism that moves the bottom jaw kept getting jammed up with crud and getting sticky so I ended up chucking em and going back to the grips and adjustable spanner option for reliability..... But a couple of months ago I was in my local PTS when a rep managed to talk me into buying a similar version from those new guys Nerrad called a VBW.
I walked away inking I'd fallen for the old salesman 1-2 step, but I've got to say, I'm impressed! I'm a new build site plumber so admittedly my tools do take a beating, but after 2-3 months in my dirty dusty told bag the Nerrad version hasn't put a foot wrong!!!
If you find your knipex start getting sticky don't give up on the smooth jaw wrenches coz they're bloody handy, just give the Nerrad 1's a try. You'll be surprised!!
Anyway, good luck buddy! Keep the quality posts coming, & I'll keep an eye out for you.
Bad boy - out!

Noticed sticking but love knipex Cobras , I wipe a bit of copper grease on them and they are away. Don't normally do clean either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What a spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock