Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Wetwall self install in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. sammathias

sammathias GSR

like everyone else said. do not use gripfill!! awful for large sheets of shower wall... also that showerwall adhesive from toolstaion is quite possibly worse. ive been using stixs all, more expensive but atleast it does what it says. still got about 8 tubes of that showerwall adhesive on my van waiting to be hurled into a skip.
    use one and a half tubes per 8x4 sheet

• Like Like x 1
  2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Also tube wise you will be looking at around 1.5-2 tubes per sheet

• Like Like x 1
  3. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

post some pics of your progress

• Like Like x 1
  4. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

+1 for the toolstation stuff KOP posted. I've used everything and that is by far and away the best.

I too hate the bath trims and also the corner trims. Proper cuts and filled with silicone prior to install is perfect...

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShaunCorbs

There not too bad hate the window ones

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3440.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

I kicked MultiPanel into touch big style. Lying, comtemptuous f wits who model their behaviour on Sadam Hussain and Idi Amin. Yes quote me, I record all my calls if anyone wants the evidence...

Ended up only using Mermaid trade panels. They were not perfect by any means. Have fitted approx 100 boards and never once got a perfect join with the locking boards. We are only talking occasional fractions of a millimeter but it always bugged the life out of me... Even the same in my own en-suite!

That said, still a trillion billion zillion times better than tiling IMHO.

7. Wrighty8

Wrighty8 New Member

Small update.

Panels came earlier and the Mrs took delivery as I am at work however she says they are very very heavy and is worried about them over the bath!

I bought some Stixall adhesive, will it be good enough? need to put the Wife's mind at ease, I'll be honest, I havent really used 'glue' to stick stuff, normally screwed/nailed stuff.

8. ShaunCorbs

Sounds like the same mdf stuff I used in my pics

9. Wrighty8

Wrighty8 New Member

Yep it's (MR) MDF Shower Panels, will she live after a bath!?

10. ShaunCorbs

Yea aslong as the walls are in good condition and flat and level

• Like Like x 2
  11. S.P.S.

S.P.S. GSR

My vote goes for sticks like sheet, it’s solvent free aswell, not that it matters on mdf boards. I’ve done pvc and mdf shower panels with this, it’s the only adhesive I use for any sticking of stuff!!

Stu

• Funny Funny x 1