Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Wet wall panel installation? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

Hi guys. What adhesive do you guys use for installing these boards? I've not used them before so was wondering whether gripfill was sufficient?

2. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Only fitted the PVC ones, always used silicone, never had a problem.

3. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

Some state that you have to use a specific one to maintain the warranty. I fitted JG Multipanel on mine at home but just used a solvent free adhesive straight on top of the tiles and it stuck fine

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR

I always use what the manufacturers state. But that’s the way I’m built.

5. Chester

Chester Member

I've used silicone and it was fine. Use a decent grab adhesive. You get through it though so wouldn't go mental on price.

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Sticks like poo waterproof ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Don't use gripfil. It skins over before you get the panel in place. Either sticks like sh*t or stixall

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Gripfil is useless.
    Either use the stuff the manufacturer recommends, or stixall, sticks like sxxt .

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

I have always used gripfill and braced the panels with timber until set no issues or the manufacturers recommended adhesive. Cheers kop

10. BILLENK

BILLENK GSR

As said, gripfill will skin over. Although often what the manufacturer provides is more like gripfill than silicone to me.

I've used both and it's been fine though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Belli

Belli New Member

I have used a few different types, gripfill sf, sticks like, manufacterers own, fix all high tack but just use multi stick by sika very good price can use on wet surfaces too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

Done bloomin hundreds of wall panels and used loads of different adhesives...

The one we've settled on is Sika wet wall panel adhesive (toolstation 38941 at £3.10 each but we always buy them when of offer).

It's fantastic. Great gap filling and sticks like the proverbial to a blanket :eek:

The one thing I would advise, is ALWAYS clean things like tiles before sticking. Use either meths or IPA. With bare wood or plaster always prime first too with an acrylic primer. You will never regret it and it costs nothing to do really.;)

• Like Like x 2