Search the forum,

Discuss Wet Vac question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomplumb83

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I have a george vac but with it only able to take 9ltr of water I was gonna get the performance power one from b&q tomorrow morning.
Question is, if I'm not careful when filling it up, will it pour mucky water over the carpet from every orifice when full?
The george has a non return ball valve preventing this but it also limits the capacity.
Also the titan and wickes ones to consider.....

Performance Power1300W Wet/Dry Vacuum PP20 Grey/Black 20L, PP20

Titan TTB351VAC 1400W 20Ltr Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner 240V | Wet Dry Vacuums | NoLinkingToThis

Would like this numatic one but I imagine id look like half of the chuckle brothers trying to carry it down the stairs

[DLMURL="http://www.equip4work.co.uk/shop/wv-470-2-commercial-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner.html"]WV 470-2 Commercial Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner | Commercial Wet Or Dry Vacs[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I found that b and q one to be pretty good.
Never hold it just from the top though.

wickes i found awkward and disappointing.
work mate has had two titans in 6 monthes

Thanks for that. If i get, do I need to be careful when filling it up though? Do they stop before the water reaches the top

When will you ever actually use the pump out feature though?

I'll go to b&q in the morning, can't go wrong at ÂŁ30

Basement or loft work :)

will save the time bucketing it out and no risk of dropping a full up vac out of the loft hatch or down the stairs.

or even draining large rads.

just have the hose hooked up and keep sucking away.

Haha its not ideal to keep walking down the stairs with a george full of dirty water though - especially when you've got to empty it twice for 'unforseen problems'!

Haha its not ideal to keep walking down the stairs with a george full of dirty water though - especially when you've got to empty it twice for 'unforseen problems'!

See the advantage of having the wet vac pump it out into a hose. Buy a 30 metre hose and you're laughing.

True but I think id rather take it down the stairs than rig 30mtrs of hose up. I'm just lazy!

I got my first Wet Vac about a week ago, handy for sooking the last dribs of water out a cistern during change overs and the pan if you need to take it out... obviously turd free first :)

I have a Titan one from screwfix, cost me about ÂŁ50 about a year ago and its been great. Not had a problem with it.

I have the wickes one. It has been fine even though the hose snapped on it last week, probably due to abuse and getting knocked in the van more than anything, got it replaced as was still under 12 month guarantee.

expect this one to last at least 7/8 months if i look after it better and if i have to pay for another I can live with that. ÂŁ40 for over a years use not that bad.

It holds a decent amount of water and is light as a feather. Not knocking what the other guys are suggesting as i cant compare but if you want cheap and reliable wickes is ok.

I have the wickes one and its been fantastic, Ive got the newer blue wickes one. Not the older Earlex made wickes one. It has a float in it so it cuts out when it stops sucking and you hear the audible noise of it stopping sucking even though the motor is still running to let you know when its full.

I have a george vac but with it only able to take 9ltr of water I was gonna get the performance power one from b&q tomorrow morning.
Question is, if I'm not careful when filling it up, will it pour mucky water over the carpet from every orifice when full?
The george has a non return ball valve preventing this but it also limits the capacity.
Also the titan and wickes ones to consider.....

Performance Power1300W Wet/Dry Vacuum PP20 Grey/Black 20L, PP20

Titan TTB351VAC 1400W 20Ltr Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner 240V | Wet Dry Vacuums | NoLinkingToThis

george is the dogs dodos, just empty it in the upstairs loo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how I managed without one, so many uses from pulling out airlocks to cleaning up and spills or water in cisterns and f+e's, sucking the last bit of water out a pipe to allow for soldering, I also use it a lot when snatching a valve on or something like that, much easier than trying to get a tub underneath it. Also one thing worth noting, I wasn't sure if the wickes one was big enough before I got it but it is deffinatly big enough as when its full of water it weighs a bit and I wouldn't want anything much bigger/heavier.

My George has taken 6 years of vicious punishment and never fails me, unblocked drains that lot!

realised my dewalt is a wet vac do I need to remove the filter to use on wet or not

realised my dewalt is a wet vac do I need to remove the filter to use on wet or not

Probably, most wet vacs need a separate foam filter for wet use. Just check and see what the filter is made of first as some just come with foam gauzed filter which is suitable for both wet and dry pick up

I picked up a Charles wet vac about 6 months ago, superb vac and managed to get it for half the price I had seen it from other retailers. Only issue I have with it is the wife has got hold of it and wont give it back, has hid the Dyson at the back of the garage!

got one of these [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nilfisk Multi 20T [/FONT] from machine mart, solid built and stable, has a wet and dry filter and has the ball to block when its full and cheaper than "Charles" but seems just as well made

I haven't bought the b&q vac yet....
I might just try and pick up a knackered george and carry the green bin next to me as a spare

I have one from wickes and it knocks socks of my karcher, my only complaint is the filter change is a bit of a faf

I am struggling with this at the moment, Wickes wet and dry vac is making terrible noises from sucking hot water, filter is covered in filthy water and leaks all over the van wen not up right.
what I need:
small so doesn't take up space in van
carries 15 litres
doesn't leak when turned upside down
lightweight

do I get another wicks one?
do I get an expensive one?
or just buy a new filter and clean existing one?

Ammmm stupid question but why don't you just empty the vac before putting it in the van?

oh and the other problem with wickes one is that the filter is in the water when tank is full, so if you empty it, you have to take the whole lot downstairs, and outside, empty and bring up again. I clean a lot of f and e tanks and so the risk of dirty water on the carpet is too high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet Vac question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock