Search the forum,

Discuss Wet Room Bathroom Q's - Cladding, Underlay, Fan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JJSully

Hello gents,

Many thanks for your information on the Shower System I have decided to go for the Hansgrohe,

I just have a couple more questions I hope you don't mind helping with,

As I'm having tiles on the flooring in my wet room due to my disability, I am just wondering what is the best material to put under the tiles to ensure it is watertight and that there are no leakages?

Another question I have is brick/slate effect cladding or slips in the bathroom... which ones would you recommend as they will get wet? Are there special ones for bathrooms and if you know of a company in the Hampshire or Buckinghamshire area I would appreciate it?

My last question is ventilation, what type of extractor fan would I need for a medium-sized bathroom that clear out of the damp and the steam for a powerful shower. Are there any particular recommended brands?

Kind regards,

JJSully

Last wet room I did had the floor composed of the following:

18mm WBP Plyboard that was screwed down on to recessed joists
Purpose made walk in shower tray with built in gradient and waste
The whole wet room area was then painted with a liquid rubber
Tiles laid on top and then grout and silicone

Get an extractor fan with a humidistat, this means it will continue running until the humidity returns to a set level within the bathroom. The person building your wet room should know what they are doing and may have a different or preferred method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet Room Bathroom Q's - Cladding, Underlay, Fan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock