Search the forum,

Discuss West Lothian ...diverter valve me thinks ...can you fix? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Hannah

I posted in the thread below (summary also below).

Anyone in West Lothian able to advise/fix. Weekends best?

Thanks,
John.

So I've had a look about the forums and was wondering ...

I have a Halstead Ace High boiler.

I have central heating that's working.
I had a small leak (now repaired).
The pressure still drops on my boiler even though the leak is fixed.
Have replaced the water filler part (that was leaking) and it will only fill to 1 bar.
I get no hot water when I call it.

Based on what I've been reading ...I believe the diverter valve diaphragm may be faulty?

I have had a look and the small piston operates (sorry don't know the names) when the central heating is on. However there is a case with a piston on top and one on the side. The piston on the side doesn't appear to work.

Is it the case then that it is definitely the diverter that is dodgy and should I replace the diaphragm and the springs.

Also I'm not registered but it looks like a DIY job I could do. Is this an issue or should really be getting BG or someone in?

Thanks for any help

Thanks John.

Please PM John for more details if you are interested in this job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to West Lothian ...diverter valve me thinks ...can you fix? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, Looking to replace an old shower diverter. Pictures attached. I'm from Australia if that makes any difference. Originally when i got the house years ago there was a note to be careful when turning the shower diverter too hard. Eventually this happened and it started leaking from the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock