Search the forum,

Discuss Week 2 in the great Intergas Virgin freebie thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
But before we do that, how do people feel about the Intergas concept of having the expansion vessel separate from the boiler?

For those of you not familiar with the Intergas product, both the ECO-RF and the HRE models come with two expansion options. You can buy a fitting jig which turns it into a conventional style boiler installation with the expansion tank contained in the jig flat against the wall, or you can site a separate robokit elsewhere in the system.

Just out of interest, the new Rapid does feature an expansion vessel inside the case, but its at the front of the boiler. After removing the case (obviously only the GSR engineers should do this) the vessel is mounted in front of all the other components, but is mounted on a side hinge, so it swivels out of the way, permitting access to the rest of the components.

I prefer external expansion vessels, the internal ones always have those carp braided hose which block up and fall apart and are normally undersized! Also they can be a pig to pump up!

Just out of interest, the new Rapid does feature an expansion vessel inside the case, but its at the front of the boiler. After removing the case (obviously only the GSR engineers should do this) the vessel is mounted in front of all the other components, but is mounted on a side hinge, so it swivels out of the way, permitting access to the rest of the components.

At least it's at the front, most are right in at the back!

Ooh nearly time.

I hate the ones at the back of the boiler, changing an expansion vessel that's there can take an age. Having to remove the flue on some to get to it isn't ideal.
External is good, if there is space.
The best expansion vessel location is at the side of the boiler like on the Vaillants, a simple five minute job to change if required.
This Rapid sounds interesting, you seem to know a lot about it Ray, cant find anything on it myself.

Has it got a release date? Or is it still in development?

No, not exclusive.. It's just that our start with Intergas coincides with the Rapid launch.

I don't mind external vessels, can be easier to size to the bigger jobs and repair in the future is it's goosed.

That's great Ray thanks very much and thanks to Intagas for hooking you up with the opportunity, Sorry Anz bad luck nxt time buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Week 2 in the great Intergas Virgin freebie thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock