Search the forum,

Discuss Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering

pinch the end of one of the pipes slightly

Re: Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering

The side pressure of the pipes usually holds it in place.

I make a pencil mark then I slightly oval the tube with grips before slipping the coupling on.
when you put the coupling on after, it stays...

Give it a little squeeze!!

Start by heating the bottom pipe, it should expand and tighten

You can borrow my pipe slice if you want, it squeezes the pipe so badly I can't get conex nuts on the buggers without reforming it with my pump pliers ;)

Pipe slice under coupler or use your grips to slightly pinch the coupler on to the pipe

use powerflux. that'll lock the fitting in place :)

As others have said, I go for giving the fitting a gentle pinch so it still slips but only when you are actually sliding it into place.

Whack it gently with a centre punch !

Don't use a slip coupler, cheeze!!!

You can borrow my pipe slice if you want, it squeezes the pipe so badly I can't get conex nuts on the buggers without reforming it with my pump pliers ;)

Sounds like my old (brand new) Nerrad pipe slice, it would spiral so bad I could have fit mic straight onto copper pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper. Solder fittings just slip over it and are really loose so I gather this is old imperial pipe, so I shall use a 3/4 to 22mm coupler. However on the...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if I could have some advice please. I have a rental shepherds hut with an outdoor copper bath. I expect to close down for winter when the weather gets very cold. The majority of the piping is blue mdpe which is lagged. But where it joins the tap it's copper. I have lagged what...
Replies
Views
A
I have a mixer shower with standard 15cm inlet pipe spacing designed to accept vertical (downward) inlet pipes. The plumbing from my wall has two inlet pipes at the right (15cm) spacing, but they emerge straight out from the wall horizontally instead of descending vertically. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock