Search the forum,

Discuss ways i could link a wood burning stove to a conventional heating/hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dennis.bailey

hi there,

in a nut shell, i have a customer that (like most of us) is complaining about the price of oil and gas etc. he wants me to link a wood burning stove to his existing system so that in the winter months he can just stoke the fire up and leave it on all of the time. Come the warmer weather, he will turn the stove off and use his conventional gas boiler to heat the place up if needed.

the boiler is fully pumped on both the hot water and central heating, and this is where i'm getting confused and frustrated in designing a system that will work effectively.

i want to ensure that both boilers remain fully pumped, and that he can have simple controls over both, that are safe and fool proof, i.e. he wont be able to stoke the stove up without pumps running etc.

thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated. regards, Guy.

Have a look at the dunsley site and specifically the neutralizers. I priced one up awhile ago. Customer had a coal fire with back boiler and wanted it linking in with existing oil system. The jobs on hold, probably until it starts getting colder!

im pretty sure this cannot be done the main reason being if for any reason something goes wrong how do you shut off the fuel instantly as can be done with gas or oil say if it over heats etc

**: ways i *o*ld lin* a wood b**ning stov* to a *onv*ntional h*ating/hot wat** syst*m

i hav* **mov*d an old ba** boil** (o* so*ts) it was a *opp** box in a *oal *i** with 2 pip*s (*low and **t**n) that w*nt to a *opp** *ylind** via th* *opp** *oil to h*at *p th* hot wat** (th* ho*s* had no h*ating) th*** was a *old wat** inl*t to on* o* th* pip*s and a p**ss*** **l*as* valv* on th* oth** pip*. th* **ason it was **mov*d was it boil*d th* wat** and th* wat** in th* *old s*pply tan*

Re: **: ways i *o*ld lin* a wood b**ning stov* to a *onv*ntional h*ating/hot wat** sy

Have a look at this link. It's the controls side that is the fun bit. But it can be done and done safely.

New Page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ways i could link a wood burning stove to a conventional heating/hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock