Search the forum,

Discuss Water Tank Noise - sounds like a coffee percolator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alison

I'm sorry to ask what has probably been asked a million times but I can't find anything that really answers what's happening and would be really grateful for any advice. I live in an old property from the turn of last century and when I moved in the landlords got a firm in to clean and clear the building's water tanks (there are 5 flats and the tanks are in the attic and hadn't been cleaned for several years - long story!) - after they left I immediately started hearing noise from the roof whenever someone in the building used a washing machine or dishwasher or flushed their loo (I am in the top floor flat so directly beneath the tank) - its really hard to describe the noise - its not a banging but its like a coffee percolator / cappuchino maker machine and its got so loud you can't hear anything else - its now sometimes accompanied by a high pitched bell like ringing noise. To make things more difficult it doesn't seem to happen when my neighbours just run their taps just when it comes to the domestic appliances / loo. Its been going on for 2 years and I've lived with it but when my Goddaughter came to stay last week I realised just how bad it was as she couldn't sleep.

The only other thing is that sometimes I have low pressure problems in my kitchen and bathroom taps which started about the same time the water tanks were inspected / cleaned.

Am really desperate to get this sorted so any advice at all would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you.
Alison

i would say its the fill valve, best thing you can do is complain to your landlord

Thank you so much for this - I really appreciate it - is that something can be easily fixed?

I have complained and they sent round a plumber / handyman who had no idea what it was so I'm trying to work it out for myself and then present some possible answers

if it is the problem then yes very easily

Hi Alison

Did you get the problem fixed?

Hi there

No not yet but I decided I wanted my own plumber to come round first - if the problem is really simple I wanted him to do it rather than my landlord's handyman who isn't on the Gas Safe Register but my own plumber is on holiday until the end of July!

Alison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Tank Noise - sounds like a coffee percolator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock