Search the forum,

Discuss Water supply question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Just joined this forum so hello to all.
This question is really bugging me and i can't find an answer so i wonder if anyone here could help.
We have a new property and we have a water supply which is useless pressure wise. 750m away we have access to a 50mm main with 6 bar pressure, between the two we have a rise and then fall of ground level. I can work out losses through the pipe but what i can't find out is does the pressure gain from the fall cancel out some of the pressure loss due to the rise? It should but before i spend a lot of money trenching i would love confirmation. Thanks

What's your pressure and flow also what pipe Do you have now size?

We knew the pressure here was poor so we brought a 32mm pipe down hoping to get enough water. This is off a 32mm we put into a large farm building a bit uphill which had 1.5 bar where it comes off the public mains (260m) but useless flow. The problems are that if i run water in the the house i can cavitate if a tap is opened uphill, secondly although the water will just reach the top floor patience is not my strong suit. I want to run a fully unvented system so plan B could be the answer. If i go down that route then i will take 50mm to the building and that will feed my 32mm to the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water supply question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock