Search the forum,

Discuss Water Pressure Restrictors - How do you adjust/remove them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sabs

Hello

We've just bought a new build property with quite low water pressure to the taps and showers throughout. The site manager explained to us that this is because there are pressure restrictors on all the taps to meet current regulations. He also said that it would be fairly easy for us to take these off to increase the pressure but that he couldn't do it for us himself.

Can anyone please explain how we would go about doing this and what to look for?

Many thanks

hi sabs welcome to the forums. the restrictors will be in the end of the spout on the taps, they should unscrew easily and you will be able to remove the restriction. it is like a plastic or metal mesh inside.

just have a look under your sinks/basin etc there maybe some isolation valves / flow restrictor's there. Try post a pic, if you have just the normal isolation valves (screwdriver slot) then as
Steve says they may just be in the outlet

Thanks for your replies. We move in in 2 weeks so will have a proper look for the things you've mentioned then.

lame plumber - if a weak shower means I'm under it twice as long then it won't make much difference :)

If the flowrate from a new shower is poor its nought to do with restrictors but poor quality showers or poor water flow, unless your looking for power shower output fm a reasonable un it that isnt capable of it in the first place. New builds seem to use rubbish showers and taps now and only give the minimum output and performance as they are all price based contract rubbish.

Removing them may also cause you problems with your hot water is it has a 24kW combi installed.

Why would a reduced flow rate (not pressure) cause you to stay in the shower longer ??

If I were you I would wait until you move in & give it a try first, think of the reduced fuel bills (& water) before rushing to remove things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Pressure Restrictors - How do you adjust/remove them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock