Search the forum,

Discuss Water pressure and boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howdoi?

Hi,

I'm posting this following a discussion I had on the forum earlier.

I have a terraced house in Leytonstone, east London, which has reasonably poor water pressure and an old boiler. We have been putting up with the temperamental boiler and weak water pressure. We are going to convert the loft and put a bedroom and a small bathroom up there and, given the extra work that the system will need to do to pump water up there; this seems like the right time to address both.

I suspect (and may very well be wrong) that the most likely cause of the poor pressure is the fact that we (probably!) have old lead pipes at the front of the house. I have put in an application to Thames Water to prepare a quote to replace their supply pipes. This takes three weeks for them to prepare a quote and (probably) a fair few more before they can do the work though.

I need a plumber to:

1. Come over and make an assessment whether it is likely that there are old lead pipes, and whether it is likely that this is the cause of the low pressure. I appreciate that this is a matter of saying it is ‘probably’ something (and not definitely).
  2. Based on the above, assess whether there are alternative solutions. For example a pump of some sort (someone suggested a Grundfos Home Boost).
  3. Do the work, which is either replacing the lead pipe that falls in my property (outside of the Thames Water jurisdiction) or putting in a pump or whatever else solves the problem. I also then need a new boiler fitting.

Hi there I can pop over and take a look I live in essex but work in london most days just let us know what suitsyou

Thanks. I'll send you my phone number and we can arrange a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pressure and boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a steady water drip from the boiler. After clearing up and putting a container beneath the boiler, he went to bed. This morning the water drip had...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock