Search the forum,

Discuss Water not getting hot enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I seem to be having an issue regarding the temperature of the water in our taps throughout the house.

It seems that although we have the water temp set to high, tap water and bath/shower water does not seem to be getting very hot.

The temperature is high enough to live with, but for baths especially it is not ideal as the water is only luke warm.

Does anyone know any potential reasons for this?

Thanks in advance.

James

Hi
I take it, you have a combination boiler.?

If it is, it's just a matter of more flow than your boiler can provide. Especially as this time of year, the water is even colder.
For a quick fix, just reduce the flow through the tap by opening it less.

Thanks for the speedy response.

Yes, I do have a combi boiler. However reducing the flow doesnt seem to be having an impact on the temperature. The bath/shower temp seems to slowly change between cold and luke warm. The kitchen tap is now getting quite hot. Seems quite strange.

Do you have a mixer tap n the kitchen?

If so the cartridge could be knackered and letting cold water pass into the hot water line reducing the temperature of the hot water throughout the rest of the house

Is your bathroom sink tap temperature ok ?

@oz-plumber. There are mixer taps in both the kitchen and the bathroom. I will investigate if the cartridge is dead. Thanks.

@ShaunCorbs: Bathroom sink taps are hardly ever warm enough, likewise the bath and shower are not very hot.

Even if you cut the flow down to half ?

That is strange your kitchen sink tap is ok tho correct??

Kitchen sink is more reliable. But we often find it struggles to get any hotter than luke warm. This morning, however, it was boiling hot.

The bathroom water is constantly luke warm.

I would say the boiler needs checking, then go to each tap to check them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water not getting hot enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock