Search the forum,

Discuss Water meter and card through letterbox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
The old dear next door is getting in a panic about workman in her house and I can`t find a recent post on it, can anyone remember the post? Why do they need to enter when the meter is outside?

Thanks.

The meter isn't always outside unless you know hers definitely is.

Wherever it is, the water main will need flushing through after the meter is fitted to clear out any disturbed debris and air.

The meter isn't always outside unless you know hers definitely is.

Wherever it is, the water main will need flushing through after the meter is fitted to clear out any disturbed debris and air.

Cheers, all the meters are outside set in the pavement and flushing through makes sense but she wont be happy about them entering her house.

Update, they needed to check if it was a shared supply and the internal stopcock worked before fitting the new water meter.

have you been in her house yourself, or looked through?

She asked me if I would be there with her to make her feel safer. Guy was polite but slightly taken back when she asked to see his ID at the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water meter and card through letterbox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I have some very old gas pipes sticking out of random places. Mostly nest to light pendants. This has made me believe it’s an old gas/heat/lightning...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock