Search the forum,

Discuss water mains upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gary50

When upgrading the mains do thames water upgrade from the stopcock on the road to the house (pre laid pipe) or do they upgrade the communication pipe from the main supply to the stopcock and from the stopcock to the house?

Im thinking if you upgrade the water mains to larger pipe size are you then achieving nothing by it being 15mm internally?

Or is the friction/resistance so bad on old lead pipes the just having a new mope blue pipe lade will increase flow dramatically?

Thanks guys!

depends

if your getting it done it will be from your external stop tap to your internal stop tap

if there doing upgrade works be from the mains to your external stop tap

You only need to ask this once. In one subforum. Any more than that is spamming. And we ban spammers.

Afternoon,

Thames water are not vested in your service pipe, that is your responsibility from their boundary. If you are looking to relay 32mm pipe you should speak to developer services to purchase a new boundary box with 32mm inlet and outlet AND a comms pipe relay in 32mm to the main.

Sometimes it is easier to get a new connection however note that if you are getting a new connection Thames water have to complete a reconnection survey which involves a 500 quid fee.

I forgot to add, friction loss in pipework is inevitable however you will not see an actual increase in flow if you only relay your service pipe in 32mm because it will be downsized on the inlet to the box and then remain that size all the way to the communication pipe.

Unmetered boundary boxes restrict flow to 35lpm and a metered box will restrict flow to 25lpm

You only need to ask this once. In one subforum. Any more than that is spamming. And we ban spammers.
Ignore this we aren't rough any more with new members who don't know their way around.

Your Lucky with Thames water here in Salisbury it's to the property boundary no worming under the builder. Plumbers job inside the house ☹ takes some pulling through the blue mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water mains upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains pressure from small hole/crack The outside of pipe (measured with veneer caliper) at 23.5mm Pipe Runs under drive, along side of property and looks to go...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in the main bathroom is opened and closed there are hammering sounds from the living room ceiling. It sounds like knocking. There's no hammering whilst...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock