Discuss Water hammer when neighbour uses water.. Please help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Thanks Jo, but I can’t hear anything. However try what’s been suggested for your neighbour first, or maybe he could engage with a plumber?

Thanks Jo, but I can’t hear anything. However try what’s been suggested for your neighbour first, or maybe he could engage with a plumber?
The bang is right at the very end of the video but still waiting for Thames Water to get back to me to hopefully help and I will definitely mention to my neighbour what you've suggested, I'm extremely grateful for your help and advice, thank you

Just played it agin, and could hear it that time. Yes it’s obviously an issue, could be what’s been mentioned, also any quarter turn taps can send shockwaves down the pipes. Keep us updated.

Just played it agin, and could hear it that time. Yes it’s obviously an issue, could be what’s been mentioned, also any quarter turn taps can send shockwaves down the pipes. Keep us updated.
I've just got off the phone with Thames Water and they are emailing me a letter to approach the council with as they are saying that come this November this issue has been going on for 2 years and they are concerned that our houses pipework is going to suffer significant damage due the the random banging and vibrations throughout the day, I've got three options if my new neighbour can't find and fix what's gone wrong, take the Thames water letter to my council that's now suggesting council need to step in and help resolve this as since works being done next door and things are being replaced and upgraded nothings calming down, they think the t junction could be now damaged and that's why we're having issues whenever water is used, for me to pay to be put on our own seperate water line, or seek legal advice on who to go to for help...

Having your own dedicated supply would probably work out better, wouldn’t recommend it all be paid for by yourself though.
I looked into the cost earlier, if the council don't help us sort this out I might have to look into getting a loan and do it all myself as my eldest daughter has now moved out to stay with friends until all this is sorted, thank you once again for all your advice, I'm truly grateful to you

I’m giving you my best advice. Only sounds come up when they using a taps or the toilet . Hammer noise only comes , if toilet filling valve it’s failed some of them have a double check valve fitted, other problem which really vibrates the pipe work again filling valve diaphragm failure which needs replacing huge hammer noises can come out from them specially when people done their business inside a toilet and toilet it’s still filling up after flush and they washing the hands at the same time vibration increases even more . Next part faulty taps sold on a discounted price , when you wash hands open the tap and shut creates shockwaves into a pipe work, in this scenario he needs double check valves fitted on hot and cold to prevent water from back pressure , best solution is to investigate toilet first than taps and replace them for something similar design or fully turned shut off taps . If I was you report that neighbours to the council straight away, it’s not your fault let him get a proba experience plumber and sort that out and diagnose all system.
[automerge]1595447948[/automerge]
Other faults , shower cartridge , and double check valves ... basically you need someone to investigate their property.

Last edited:

Reply to Water hammer when neighbour uses water.. Please help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Just had a neighbour knock the door regarding a water hammer issue. My own house developed this issue sometime last year as well which is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock