Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Water constantly flowing from condensate drain. in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Two-Pipes

Two-Pipes New Member

I have a Certikin Genie condensing boiler on a small pool and I have been having trouble locating a leak (water level keeps dropping in pool) while having a look at the boiler I noticed that water was running from the condensate drain, this was with the boiler and pump switched off. It's a constant flow of water from the condensate drain tube from the heater that goes into the trap. Any ideas what could be causing this please? ie, what part needs replacing etc.

2. galaxy_plumbing

galaxy_plumbing Plumber GSR

Not familiar with this boiler but we had few occasion when leaking heatexchanger was causing pressure drop perhaps this would be a starting point for investigation. I would isolate appliance and see if your water level stays same then you know leak is within the boiler. Get Gsr engineer in to check it.

3. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Main heat exchanger ! question does your pool water run through boiler ? or separate heat exchanger ??

4. galaxy_plumbing

galaxy_plumbing Plumber GSR

I looked at the manual and it seems to have plate hex. I might be wrong of course. But looks 80l/min is amazing. Will read more about these.

5. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

The Heat exchanger would be the first place to start bud

6. GH77

GH77 GSR Top Contributor!!

If the boiler is directly heating the pool water then your pool chemistry has to be perfect, otherwise it will trash your heat exchanger, agree with Galaxy Plumbing, isolate boiler, if you stop losing water and the condensate stops running then your heat exchanger is split and running through the condensate, heating the pool indirectly through a plate is best, if the boiler is toast then maybe explore Ground Source to heat the pool as running costs to heat a pool are massive!

7. cygnet

cygnet New Member

If the ptessure drops and the boiler is off with water coming out of the condensate pipe IT is the main heat exchanger leaking.