Search the forum,

Discuss Waste pipe gurgling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DUNCANEDAVIES

Hi. I am new to this forum.
I have a twin sink unit which is fitted with dishwasher drain. The two sinks drain into a single pipe which then runs to the ubend, the dishwasher drains into the pipe that flows from the Ubend trap. The dishwater drain pipe is initially looped above the height of the Ubend trap. After the sinks discharge or after a tap is left running, the gurging starts and can last for a couple of minutes, sometimes just running a small amount of water in the sink outlet, can result in the gurgling stopping earlier. Any ideas as to the cause of this problem.

having the dw on he same trap means it sucks out the water from the trapp, hence why you then hear gurgling from the sink so an anti vac trap is one way round the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste pipe gurgling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Can a kitchen sink discharge pipe starting at 60 cm height run for 4.5m, then join another sink discharge pipe at 51cm height, then continue for 11m discharging at 35cm height? I have kitchen-to-be 4m x 3m. doorway at 7 o’clock. Mini-sink at 5 o’clock. Main sink at 1 o’clock. Pipes run goes...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm matt black waste pipe, to match up with a matt back trap. The pipe that comes with the trap is 400mm, which isn't long enough for my installation. I'd...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock