Discuss Washing machine input tap produces oscillation sound & gets blocked in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

This is my first post here. How do you do?

I was wondering if anyone may have ideas on this issue. We're just trying to connect a washing machine to an under-sink water pipe valve, and we're finding a strange behaviour.

With the washing machine on, when the valve is partially open, water flows. However, with increasing opening of the valve, an oscillation vibration sound becomes louder and louder, until there is a sudden thump and the water flow completely stops.

I am able to 'reset' this behaviour by unscrewing the pipe from the valve, and am able to go through the above steps again, until it thumps and stops again.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? This is a <3yr old house.

Thanks!

A good one that. I'd first take washing machine valve off and run water into a bucket.

Could we get a wider pic of the pipework leading up to the valve

Current washing machines have a little box on the fill hose, believe it is an anti-flood device.

Reply to Washing machine input tap produces oscillation sound & gets blocked in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back