Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine Hose Join Connector which size? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi got a new Samsung washing machine delivered today since old one packed up, I stupidly left the silver metal hose clip and the Drain hose join connector on the old washing machine and they took the machine away for weee recycling !

So I am left with no way to connect the old drain pipe to the washing machine drain pipe since they are the same size.

this is the waste pipe from the new washing machine and the old one which leads outside to drain.
http://oi58.tinypic.com/z4a9x.jpg

I found another metal hose clip which is similar size so should be fine but not sure what size the old hose join connector was?

On the new pipe is written the number 8, any idea what part to get or where from ?

I found this on screwfix: Plastic Outlet Hose Connector 17 x 17mm | Washing Machine Fittings | NoLinkingToThis

would this do the trick ? I do recall something white looking inside and I assume its a standard washing machine grey waste pipe size also.

Last edited:
I've used a short piece of 22mm copper tube before now as an insert to strengthen the connection of two washing machine hoses. So I'm thinking that 17mm one you have linked up will be too small.
Just had a quick Google and it looks like 21mm is probably the one you want. Universal Washing Machine Drain Hose Connector: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home <-- is an example of one.
Have a measure and find the internal diameter of your hose and search accordingly. Also please make sure to get quality jubilee clips, not the appalling ones from toolstation.

I've used a short piece of 22mm copper tube before now as an insert to strengthen the connection of two washing machine hoses. So I'm thinking that 17mm one you have linked up will be too small.
Just had a quick Google and it looks like 21mm is probably the one you want. Universal Washing Machine Drain Hose Connector: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home <-- is an example of one.
Have a measure and find the internal diameter of your hose and search accordingly. Also please make sure to get quality jubilee clips, not the appalling ones from toolstation.

thanks for reply I could buy that one you linked but also noticed this one here:

WASHING MACHINE DISHWASHER DRAIN HOSE CONNECTOR 22mm | eBay

22mm drain hose connector

I think ill try to figure out how to measure that drain pipe shame no number or id on any of them, thought it one just be one size for all modern and old washing machines !

Measured the inside you guys were spot on it appears to be 21-22mm on the inside bit tricky to get exact sizing.

shocked b&q/wicks/homebase even screwfix no one does it, ebay+amazon everything as usual.

Have ordered a 6 quid 21mm hose join adaptor kit with jubilee clips to match from ebay, should hopefully do the job as well as getting a slap on the back of the head from the misses.

Washing Machine Dishwasher DRAIN Waste HOSE EXTENSION KIT 2m (STRETCH 66-200 cm) | eBay

Got that new kit (above link) good service from that ebayer since next day delivery.

Fitted in perfectly and so did the jubilee clips done them tight but not too tight 4 washing test runs after not a single leak so now I can move it back into position:)

Thanks guys !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine Hose Join Connector which size? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock