Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine connected to a water butt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

storeyn

I have connected my washing machine to a 1000 litre water butt with a 1.6bar pump to provide the pressure. The head is minimal hence the fitment of the pump, the flow when not connected to the washing machine triggers the pump and provides sufficient flow. However when connected to the washing machine the flow without the pump on is not suffient to open the soleniod valve, so not creating a flow to start the pump. Apart from changing the pump to a continuous flow pump with a flow switch has anybody managed to overcome this problem.

Cheers

you need a negative head pump for this to work, although the cost probably outweighs your saving here.

You need a pump with a pressure switch rather than a flow switch.

Dammit!

trying to digest this!!!!

electricity is cheaper than water, electricity is more eco friendly than water from the mains......nope, dont get it?

Its because he lives in the sw prehaps where water costs more than leccy, sww bill £105 per month GAS Bill £100/month ELEc Bill £45/month

It's seriously not worth it. If you really want it to work raise the tank to create the pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine connected to a water butt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock