Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine compression valves on plastic pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigsteve1635

Hi The Knowleageable

I dont do plastic plumbing, i'm old school copper BUT just got a flat for my son.

Just had to rip up the kitchen floor due to a leaking waste pipe. all plumbed in plastic, no pipe clips to speak of so now installed some on the water supply to sink etc and fitted a couple to the waste as weight of the unsupportred pipe pulled the fitting apart on the waste.

Now fitted solvent joint with clips.

But my question is this, on the dishwasher and washing machine supply plastic pipes there are steel tradintional taps fitted, they dont leak, but they both rotate on the plastic pipe when you try to undo the rubber supply pipe fitting the come from the machine.

Is this OK does not seem right to me, but dont want to wind up the compression fitting and bugger the plastic pipe.

So some advise would be good.

Is the pipe moving inside the W/M valve or is the whole thing rotating possibly in an elbow behind the unit?

Hi no

the complete isolation tap fitting, one end is compression, the other is where the supply pipe from dishwasher screws on too. turns on the plastic pipe like the compression joint is not tight enough, if it was on copper pipe i would just jet the spanners out and tighten it up. But maybe they just do that on plastic pipe, its not a speedfit item looks like a normal copper pipe fitting.

If you isolate the supply and the remove the valve check there is an insert in the plastic pipe, then give it a nip up just don't go mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine compression valves on plastic pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing a new kitchen which will have a dishwasher and washing machine. As I'm cutting/teeing into the cold mains 15mm pipe (before the kitchen sink taps) to feed the dishwasher and washing machine is it worth fitting a isolation valve with a built-in check valve? Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
J
Hi All, I'm plumbing in a washing machine into our new house and rather than a normal waste pipe this house just has a hole in the ground. It looks as if the hole used to be a 40mm pipe but it has been sawn off at ground level such that the top of the pipe is flush with the floor tiles. This...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock