Search the forum,

Discuss Washer waste fixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fredddy

I'm a complete novice when it comes to plumbing so bear with me.

I recently moved house and I am trying to connect the waste pipe from the washer under my sink but apparently I needed a part called a 'long nose spigot?' Anyway after looking around for this part I think I found what I need. Unfortunately the only ones I can find are 40mm and when I measure the diameter of the pipe I'm trying to fit it too it's only 30mm. I can't find any smaller parts than 40mm anywhere. Maybe because I'm not too sure what I'm looking for. It also needs tone the type of fitting that connects and tightens by screwing it on.

Anyone know the part or where I can get the part from? Or maybe another way around it?
I'll try and post some pictures to help my explanation. Thanks for anyway advice!
Fred

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 33
If it's the size I think it looks you might have to buy a washing machine trap (u bend) the threaded part for the washing machine waste comes in 2 sizes,unscrew the one already fitted and take it along with you,larger b&Q have a plumber to advise who is usually bored to tears and grateful to be able to give advice

noooo don't go to b&q go to an independent plumbing store who will be able to help you

Yesss, If you go to an independent plumbing stores,just hope that the staff are helpful, remember the staff aren't plumbers,I use them all the time and more often than not they aren't interested especially if there are regular customers waiting,my friend is a plumber and works at a superstore where a qualified plumber will help you.

Yesss, If you go to an independent plumbing stores,just hope that the staff are helpful, remember the staff aren't plumbers,I use them all the time and more often than not they aren't interested especially if there are regular customers waiting,my friend is a plumber and works at a superstore where a qualified plumber will help you.

Question: Are you a Plumber?

Most of the counter staff at Plumbing suppliers are not plumbers, but after a while they understand what the concepts and principles are.
Believe it or not they can be awfully helpful at times when something odd or out of the ordinary is required.

Maybe the age old saying needs to be updated:

Those who can - Do.
Those who can't - Teach.

(amendment)
Those who can't do either - Work at a Superstore

Most of the counter staff at Plumbing suppliers are not plumbers, but after a while they understand what the concepts and principles are.
Believe it or not they can be awfully helpful at times when something odd or out of the ordinary is required.

Those who can - Do.
Those who can't - Teach.

(amendment)

Most of the counter staff at Plumbing suppliers are not plumbers, but after a while they understand what the concepts and principles are.( SURE OZ WILL ONE DAY)

Those who can - Do.
Those who can't - Teach.

(amendment)

at plumbase,plumb center,city plumbers etc staff are not plumbers comprehendo they can sometimes be helpful to non plumbers but non plumbers don't know what they're asking for and therefore usually aren't much help,get it so far, B&Q superstores employ time served plumbers usually retired and more experienced than plumbers unlike you still holding onto their mothers apron strings = not plumbers giving advice from a computer/catalogue or qualified plumbers with 50+ experience,
thank you mr no it all,

Last edited by a moderator:
You actually edited that post.

What did you edit?

I still can't understand it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Mate I have to disagree I find the know all retirees in the sheds to be deadly
Over many separate occasions usually over a weekend when I'm desperate I've popped in and have been terrified by the "advice" I've heard the unsuspecting public being given
Priceless gems like
"no you don't need flux for soldering"
"yes make sure you wrap PTFE round all of the joints on your waste trap"
" yes do your underfloor pipework using compression joints they are better than soldering"

A lot more worrying, and I did report it to the manager. I overheard one of the so-called experts telling a couple that they don't need a gas safe engineer to fit a gas fire just follow the instructions"
I'm sorry id much rather put my faith in an independent who actually knows their product. Some of these OAPs that sheds employ haven't done the job for 20 years

No need for the attitude to a regular contributor either

Last edited:
Wind your neck in mate if you think B&Q is the way to go then you're no professional.

unless you know what you are on about, which I and a few other members seriously doubt, don't bother getting in a slanging match with established members. you will lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washer waste fixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock