Search the forum,

Discuss Warning notice issued for new boiler Worcester Greenstar 30si - gas supply turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin973

I would be grateful if anyone could help advise/clear up thefollowing situation for me. I recently (May2016) had a new Combi Boiler (Vaillant Ecotec 835) fitted to my 3 bed 1.5bathroom house that has 8 radiators and no other gas appliances by 2 gasengineers who work for a very large (over 130 plumbers) and well known heatingcontractor in the South East, I should add the work was done on a private basisand not through the well known company.. Over the last 2 months the bar pressure has dropped 3 times where theboiler has cut out, I was unable to contact the 2 gas engineers and assumed thiswas a fault with the boiler so had a Vaillant engineer out to check theproblem. On his inspection he has foundthat there was maybe 1 or 2 very slow leaks on 2 radiators and that the boilerhas a ‘low inlet working pressure of 10mb’. He also found that a new gas pipe of 22mm was NOT installed from themeter to the boiler, it is was just connected to the old pipe at floor level toall of which he has issued me a warning notice and turned my gas off. Can anyone advise how serious this is and whetherthe 22mm pipe needs to be installed or not as this is all under the newfloor/kitchen I had installed? I havetried to contact the 2 gas engineers who installed my boiler without any successand have just noticed that the gas certificate they have given me wassigned/completed by an engineer/different company (Corgi Registered) that isneither of them and this 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] engineer who has completed thecertificate was never at my property and yet he has stated my boiler has 22mbon the commissioning paperwork. Havethey broken some regulations here, besides not installing the 22mm pipe, theyhave fraudulently completed the certificate, will informing Corgi do anygood? Thanks in advance for your help.

Looking for a Heating Engineer? Post Jobs Here

That bargain cash price not looking so good now is it? Yes they`ve broken the rules and you have no warranty on the new boiler and will struggle to sell the house without the required paperwork but the good news is these muppets didn`t kill you or your family.

Click on the link above and find a proper gas safe registered person to quote you for the work required.

Last edited:
No longer Corgi. GAS SAFE are the people to contact. Turn gas off at meter , low pressure could indicate leakage , not just undersize supply pipe. It seems you failed to fully check out your private installers. Lucky you are not putting in an insurance claim. As the employer, you are responsible for a safe installation. Get it sorted by a properly qualified gas engineer.

Gas is off joni and it`s getting cold now.

If the fitters turned up in company van, used company equipment and company pipe & fittings, it is possible boiler also belongs to company. Obviously the OP did not consider he may be in receipt of stolen goods and will now take steps to clarify matters with company involved.
Repeating what I've said in a previous post:- Now that Landlords have to check immigration status of tenants. Householders should face similar penalties for failure to check for competent persons (gas safe registered) on gas work.

Contact the Company on the paperwork you have and tell them them that the installation that their 2 friends have done has been isolated by Vaillant due to the gas pressure issue.
And that you're currently seeking advice as to what to do next.

If they don't turn up and fix it themselves within a couple of days then contact Gassafe.

So you had it fitted on a foreigner,thought you would save a few bob,very likely that both are on said well companies GSR and not their own,totally illegal ,glad your having issues,folk like me have to compete against the feckwits who charge peanuts with knocked off gear on a weekly basis ,you sir have been royally bitten on the harris by karma

Where are you situated? If you can't contact them contact the guy whose commissioning details were left. It is his responsibility as if he doesn't fix the work he is riddor reportable and could lose his gas safe. Unfortunately the floor may have to come up but you can go through small claims court and fight for your money back. If still no result report them to their employer.
I know guys who do foreigners and make double what I do as they don't have to pay for materials and people think they are getting a better standard of gas fitter if work for large companies.
I worked for a large company and saw some very shady practices including one engineer burning a hole in a Worcester boiler bracket and filling it with silicone as the customer would never notice as it was against the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warning notice issued for new boiler Worcester Greenstar 30si - gas supply turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock