Discuss Warmflow UP90HE Oil Combi Relay click without heating ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sym0n

Hello,

Would be great if someone could help me.

Our Oil Warmflow combi boiler UP90HE has started playing up. It has a built in timer(TM-0521 or TM-0522) which allows manual operation of the hot water and heating.

If i manually turn the hot water on, the boiler ignites when a hot tap is turned on.

If i manually turn the heating on, then turn the thermostat up, the thermostat clicks when turned over current room temp. But the boiler does not ignite. The orange finder relay does click. ( I have replaced this relay already)

If i have the heating on and i turn the hot water on, neither work.

I have to turn them both off, then turn the hot water on, on its own.

I had my boiler serviced hoping this may help but now i cant get the heating to come on at all. Before it worked like the hot water did, but only on its own. Now it doesn't work at all.

I do have a spare parts boiler so i thought i would swap out the PCB. As i removed the old PCB from my boiler i noticed some of the soldering on the back had either melted or what it actually looks like is someone has added solder to try and fix a connection. I also noticed there was some burning inside the central transparent relay/switch on the PCB.

At first i thought this was a good sign as it meant there was a problem. But after replacing it with the same board from my spare parts boiler(which looked immaculate) it has not fixed the problem at all.

Other things i have noticed ;

If i manually turn on my hot water and heating, the timer/programmer screen dims. This seems to happen when i try to turn the heating on.

On the timer there is a amber light next to the hot water, bu a red light next to heating. This may be normal but thought i best mention it.

When i manually turn the heating on i hear the relay click, if the pump is turned to 2 or 3 i also hear a brief noise from the pump too. if the pump is set to 1 i only hear the click from the relay.​

Any help or advice would be good.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to get your service guy back. Oh and stop playing with the speed settings on the pumps, leave them on 3.

Thanks for your reply SimonG. If i can't find the problem I will defiantly contact a service guy.

I would be grateful if someone that had an idea of what could cause my problem would let me know.That way at the very least I have some idea of what work is involved.

Thanks again

It's beyond you get somebody in. I was trying to be polite. Easy enough fix for a competent engineer. Although messing with boards and relays could have complicated things.

Thanks for the advice. I will be sure not to mess with anything else. It seems it may well be beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warmflow UP90HE Oil Combi Relay click without heating ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back