Search the forum,

Discuss Wanting to work for a gas safe guy for free if i have to Tamworth/midlands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vipey

Hi
i have Done my city and guilds level 2 tech cirt and NVQ 2/ also my city and guilds 3 tech cirt , i have done the 30 hours gas training at college but i do not have my nvq 3 or done my gas as near to the end of my course finished (level 3 c&g) my college moved to another location (stafford collage) and couldnt finish my nvq or gas as they wernt set up for it (no gas stuff)

to cut me story short i have done plumbing for on off 2-3 years doing bathrooms radiators , taps , drainage,stacks the usuall stuff and feel now that i want to move onto more complex stuff , boilers . fires, services and i am looking for someone that would be willing for me to go with them tue/weds and every other weekends to get more experience gas side so i can continue my quals ,i have a wras cirt , have also done a Grant installers ashp (air source heat pump) course im really good at problem solving and usually have a good idea on boiler fixes but i want to go about doing things the right way .

Im 36 have a full drivers licence and willing to do anythink i have some knowledge of unvented boilers, heating systems but dont feel i have enough to do my acs ect

Any ideas please reply on here where i really would be most greatfull

Last edited by a moderator:
probs looking in the wrong place on here mate unlikely to get anywere, as there are to many doing the same thing, theres a couple a week asking, i would just right to as many companys firms ,sole traders as possible within a 10 mile radius of were you live you might just drop on someone might just need help also try foning you,ll get loads of disappointment but just carry on cos there might just be that one that does need help

Thnx Sparra i going to try that aswell ,more places i try more chance i got of getting somewhere thts what i thought i got plenty of building experience as well and just thought id try me luck i am going to phone gas fitters as well in the week so hopefully i will get somewhere its a hard game to get into aint it , would be nice to get a full time job with a gas installer but we can dream cant we lol :) ill keep trying

ye a bit far from me ,but defo think you,ll get somewere ,theres plenty of work about if your on your own just not enough to take someone on and all that goes with it,when i done mine a few yrs ago i had loads who said they would help best mates etc untill it come to it full of promises so i rung round and after about a month one bloke said yes he got work and so did i all worked out well so there are people mate just keep pluggin

Still havent found anywhere think im going to just give up with plumbing , been trying for 2 long now ud have thought with the quals i got might hav found somethink but it aint happening , so me last 2 jobs and thats it i give in lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wanting to work for a gas safe guy for free if i have to Tamworth/midlands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
I have a Level 3 Diploma in Gas Engineering - Pathway D (Gas Safe Course), which is a City & Guilds qualification. I work full time and would like to volunteer for free with a gas engineer during the weekends in London ?? Please pm me
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I have 2 zones - one for bedrooms upstairs and another for the living areas downstairs. Now the plastering has been finished and I am costing the combi...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock