Search the forum,

Discuss Want to be a plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fast Track Company I was talking about is ACCESS training - I did a Google search and found a thread about them on the tiling section of this forum.

Their reviews are pretty bad. Google

I bet you'd be happier to work on your own rather than have some annoying customer there every 2 seconds over your shoulder and getting in your way.
I have been that annoying customer always asking what the plumber in my house is doing: because it is so interesting! So far luckily, none has told me to bugger off: I suppose they just charged me for an extra half hour!!!

Great post, especially the bit about outplaying money. Lots of people want to go self employed but forget about the outlay. I used to work for myself detailing cars for a brief stint (in order to get out of my last job) I already had all the gear from being a hobbiest. However, people wanted more and specific coatings buying which weren't cheap and yes the then paid by cheque lol. Cash flow wasn't too bad at the time though so wasn't really a problem but I can see how it would be.

Vans are expensive, as is advertising. People completely underestimate the cost of advertising. A good website helps too although I guess plumbing advertisement is more word of mouth and news paper adds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Want to be a plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock