Search the forum,

Discuss Wall not level/plumb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new t80 electric shower and its been installed on a wall that's slightly out of plumb. Now the button is sticking every few weeks and then I have to remove the face for it to release. Seeing as one can't go making a finished tiled wall plumb, any tips on how to get the shower plumbed on an out of plumb wall?

If it comes to it and it can't be done, I'll purchase a different make/model shower however I'd need one where the 1/2inch pipe and cable are in the same place Instead of rerouting them to suit new shower.

Do you mean that the wall is uneven so when the shower is fixed tight to the wall the case is slightly distorted causing the button to stick?

Put packers behind shower to take out the distortion in the casing

Do you mean that the wall is uneven so when the shower is fixed tight to the wall the case is slightly distorted causing the button to stick?

Not uneven. When one puts a level vertical against the wall and the bubble isn't in the red lines, that's called out of plumb. I phoned triton and they put there service guy onto me. He mentioned if the wall is out of plumb, then there's a service charge. He also said its a common problem with the t80 shower :(

Put packers behind shower to take out the distortion in the casing

Was thinking this then seal with silicone however would this not put pressure on the pipe. Its bedded into the wall in sand/cement and tile adhesive and not much room to play with I'd imagine?

I'd agree with that.
If the shower is perfectly flat to the wall even if it's out of plumb, then the case should fit without the button sticking.

It needs packing on one or two corners to take the twist out of the base.

I'd agree with that.
If the shower is perfectly flat to the wall even if it's out of plumb, then the case should fit without the button sticking.

It needs packing on one or two corners to take the twist out of the base.

The wall is flat with tiles on it however the triton service fella said if its out of plumb, there's a service call out charge because the wall is suppose to completely plumb

Buying a different shower would solve the problem, but first see if the instructions specify that the wall must be perfectly plumb and get Trading Standards involved if not. Remember your contract is with whoever you bought it from, not with the manufacturer.

I stopped using Triton after replacing the kettle in my own electric shower and having to get Trading Standards involved when the kettle failed after 4 months and Triton initially refused to replace the kettle (bought direct from Triton), claiming the warranty was only for 90 days. Trading Standards took my side, agreeing that the Sale of Goods Act (as it was then) applied. I sold the spare part on ebay and bought a Mira shower anyway.

Buying a different shower would solve the problem, but first see if the instructions specify that the wall must be perfectly plumb and get Trading Standards involved if not. Remember your contract is with whoever you bought it from, not with the manufacturer.

I stopped using Triton after replacing the kettle in my own electric shower and having to get Trading Standards involved when the kettle failed after 4 months and Triton initially refused to replace the kettle (bought direct from Triton), claiming the warranty was only for 90 days. Trading Standards took my side, agreeing that the Sale of Goods Act (as it was then) applied. I sold the spare part on ebay and bought a Mira shower anyway.

Don't have the manual anymore however on the net it mentions the wall has to be exactly plumb! Very rare one would get a wall 100% plumb. There's always a slight out of plumb even if its 2% which is nothing. I think k this just a way of triton getting out of replacing them. I'll try the packers and silicone all around it and see if this does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wall not level/plumb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock