Search the forum,

Discuss Wall mounted bath mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neil p

Hi, has anyone got any tips for installing a wall mounted bath mixer on a solid wall. The threads look to be around 50 mm and then I assume I'm going to need a back plate elbow in the wall to take the thread. Does this mean the wall will have to be built out ? cheers

Usually, I hate all this built in stuff
Just asking for trouble when a fibre washer gives up the ghost in a couple of yrs time
Build small part of wall out to hide connections maybe make a feature out of it like a shelf etc
Try and make them accessible for future maintenance

As above, best building the wall out and making it somewhat accessible for when it goes wrong, also stick a few spare tiles under the bath once the jobs done

Try to plan your bathroom so those are on a stud wall and cut an access hatch through from the other side. Ready for future maintenance.

I always try to talk the customer out of these designs. IMHO just asking for big problems down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wall mounted bath mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi again Second belfast sink related question, but different enough from the first to require a new thread... Our preference is for the sink to be mounted in a corner, and for the pipes to be chased in for wall mounted bib taps. Presumably that means having enough room in the chase for the...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Does anyone out there have a JTP shower or JTP taps installed? (previously known as Just Taps Plus). Have you found a JTP shower and taps durable and reliable for years after installation? And straightforward to install? JTP is being offered by a number of our local bathroom retailers and...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
L
We are renovating our upstairs bathrooms and there is an issue with shutting off the new mixer fittings - all six of them. The matter is holding up progress though it seems no one knows what to do. We built our home about 28 years ago. The only mixer we installed was in the kitchen, all the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've got a square elbow outlet that I want to plumb in next to my wall tap. Might sound like a daft question but it's got a securing nut so o How on earth do I secure it to a solid wall. I could reposition to a stud wall that I have access to to screw secure but I don't really want it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock