1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Walk in shower vent/plumbing in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. connera

connera New Member

Hi this is my first post and also my first attempt aplumbing J

I’m renovating a house from the 70s in itself a challenge howeverthe plumbing is all over the place
    Im taking it room by room and im currently converting thedownstairs bathroom to a shower room, my question is “how best to vent thesystem out”
    I have attached pic of the arraignment however there is nodirect vent from the sink or shower to the outside vent stack so was wonderingwhat needs doing ?

Thanks in advanced

Attached Files:

2. johnf

johnf Active Member

On your attached sketch it shows the basin, WC and shower all going to the outside stack and venting to atmosphere. There is no problem with this. Just make sure pipe sizes are correct, lengths are not to long without AAV's and the correct fall is achieved and as long as I am reading your sketch correctly its fine.

3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  4. connera

connera New Member

Hi John

Thanks for the reply, good to know I'm on the right track :6:

Would a strap on boss be exceptable to join the shower pipe onto the main pipe I have running from the loo just past the bend ?

5. johnf

johnf Active Member

As the shower waste looks like it will be coming into the soil pipe from above a strap on boss will be fine.

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Just be careful about traps emptying because of the flush on the toilet

7. PlumbBobBob

PlumbBobBob Guest

you could fit a hepvo inline on the shower waste pipe to avoid the shower trap being pulled by the toilet flush